Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do we need upfront?!?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me we need flare; we need a few random trialists from Surinam or somewhere, with pace, power and no little ability. I'm weary of the tried, tested, damaged goods... I want a random gamble from abroad, the non league, somewhere, anywhere. Let's not keep playing % purchases, let's roll the dice and see if we can unearth the next Zamora.

This issue of service bothers me... if the ball is going into the box, you literally should 'damage' yourself to get the ball in the back of the net... the fight is simply not there.

Come on Chris et al. pluck one out of the ether...

Pluck it.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
this sounds like the sh!ttest idea possible- I'd much rather someone we can trust than your suggestion

seriously, how could that gamble ever help us unless we hit the 1/100 jackpot and they have the ability of o'grady or cms. If they are any better, then chances are they're not so unknown

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
this sounds like the sh!ttest idea possible- I'd much rather someone we can trust than your suggestion

seriously, how could that gamble ever help us unless we hit the 1/100 jackpot and they have the ability of o'grady or cms. If they are any better, then chances are they're not so unknown

And the current strategy has proved a REAL winner... right?!?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Bournemouth haven't done badly with Callum Wilson, they took a chance on a proven lower league scorer and it paid off.

The rumoured fee they paid for Wilson was £3m. Big outlay, especially if it is one that doesn't work out.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
For me we need flare; we need a few random trialists from Surinam or somewhere, with pace, power and no little ability. I'm weary of the tried, tested, damaged goods... I want a random gamble from abroad, the non league, somewhere, anywhere. Let's not keep playing % purchases, let's roll the dice and see if we can unearth the next Zamora.

This issue of service bothers me... if the ball is going into the box, you literally should 'damage' yourself to get the ball in the back of the net... the fight is simply not there.

Come on Chris et al. pluck one out of the ether...

Pluck it.

very close to the end on Saturday, ball came over from the left wing, inswinging towards the keeper, CMS just stood there, yet he was the right side of the defender, had he dived at it, free header, 6 yards out, Best was also the right side, could also have met it, but hesitated for half a second then followed the ball as it arrived into the hands of Ruddy. Both 'strikers' had no-one between them and the ball, an inviting cross coming over in the dying minutes, chance to grab an equaliser, neither showed any natural striking instinct or desire to attack the ball, summed them both up for me. We need and deserve much better

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The rumoured fee they paid for Wilson was £3m. Big outlay, especially if it is one that doesn't work out.
Our recruitment is a shambles so many decent players have signed for other championship clubs for not that much really. Afobe went for a snip to Wolves £2m.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's not about Money. CMS and Baldock both scored plenty in League 1. Unfortunately we seem to be able to dry up anybody's goalscoringability, the way we play and the negativity of our tactics makes a 20goal a season striker almost impossible

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

We paid 2.5 for CMS ........................................................................................

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's not about Money. CMS and Baldock both scored plenty in League 1. Unfortunately we seem to be able to dry up anybody's goalscoringability, the way we play and the negativity of our tactics makes a 20goal a season striker almost impossible

Agree. Even Bent didn't really look like scoring many for us.

We need better creativity and delivery to the front players and at set pieces for sure. CMS has completely lost confidence and it seems so has O'Grady. Baldock was just beginning to look like a striker then he got injured.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Try Calde up front for rest of season, cannot be any worse, I know that most Spanish players, like the Dutch are tried & tested in all positions :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ulloa was a 20 goal a season striker at this level given he got 14 goals in an injury hit season of 33 league appearances (not far off a goal per 2 games in his time with us).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't mind at all if CH just slung in an under 18. It literally cannot get any worse.
It would for the under 18, I can see the threads now:-

'Get rid now'.
'Just another Jake Robinson'.
'We should be better than this spotty oik'.

and god help him if he happens to be called Ken Fry-Chook.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I thought Bent looked very good. His movement was terrific, the ball never came quick enough for him in my opinion. With the right service as he is proving at Derby he'd get a bucket load in the championship. If he had stayed he would have scored goals with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here