Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why must we always have a scapegoat?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
When things aren't going well, why do we have to always single out one player to abuse and heap the blame on? Right now it's Best, earlier in the season it was JFC and, at other times, Stockdale or O'Grady.

It's a team game - when we don't win it's because the unit isn't working. Slagging off an individual might help you feel better momentarily but it really doesn't help our cause.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When things aren't going well, why do we have to always single out one player to abuse and heap the blame on? Right now it's Best, earlier in the season it was JFC and, at other times, Stockdale or O'Grady.

It's a team game - when we don't win it's because the unit isn't working. Slagging off an individual might help you feel better momentarily but it really doesn't help our cause.

The whole team's a pile of w**k. Satisfied

Mind you some are more w**k than others Best being one of them

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven

Stockdale's improved (slightly)
JFC isn't playing (because he's useless)
COG tries hard

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Come on - every struggling team contains at least two goats, and in our case a few asthmatic ants, ungainly elephants, ageing poodles, this... and Leon Best.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Come on - every struggling team contains at least two goats, and in our case a few asthmatic ants, ungainly elephants, ageing poodles, this... and Leon Best.

His body language says I'm here for the money, I don't really care and I'll just go through the motions to show I'm a professional footballer.
That's it really.
A waste of space and money and a misguided signing.
Sad but true reflection on this highly paid nomark.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I blame George Orwell.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Narcissism creates a scapegoat.

Receiving projection is the usual role of the scapegoat.

What's said about the scapegoat, often reflects another-ones inner-self.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

A scapegoat is someone who unfairly shoulders the blame for the problems. I will give you JFC and Stockdale, but Leon Best is actually shit.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC

Because people are too narrow minded and impatient to take the time to consider where the real problems lie. Hence, they pick an easy target, which varies depending on the situation. I find it hard to blame the players. They're not very good, but that's not their fault. We have to question why we're stuck with them, and why our squad is significantly worse than in previous seasons. Can't blame JFC or any other player for that.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Apart from:

Murray was too slow and didn't clap the fans.

Barnes was non-league standard.

Craig Davies couldn't hit a barn door.

Chris O'Grady epitomized everything wrong about last summers signings.

Navarro was a last resort, journeyman, failed signing.

El-Abd was the worst of our players to come through the system.

Bloom's selling all our assets with the intention of relegation.'

How can you say Albion's fans scapegoat?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
a desire for simple explanations in a complex chaotic world
and those doing the scapegoating are heartless bxxxxxards

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
a desire for simple explanations in a complex chaotic world
and those doing the scapegoating are heartless bxxxxxards

or, a desire for simple explanations by simple folk in a complex chaotic world

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here