Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was our worst loan signing this season?

Who was our worst loan signing this season?

• Gary Gardner

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Ali Al-Habsi

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Elliott Bennett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leon Best

Votes: 95 66.9%
  • Emmanual Ledesma

Votes: 15 10.6%

• Total voters

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gary Gardner put up a strong case, but Leon is a clear winner. What more could he do to justify the title?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I was meant to quote a comment about joe bennet..

Too true. He offers naff all going forward & is a liability in defence - but he hardly gets much flak

That's 2 in 2 games where the goal has come from his flank

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well since we signed Ali Al-Habsi for a month and he played one game then went off to play for Oman all the while when we had a perfectly serviceable keeper (Walton) and back up (Ankergren) in our squad he gets my vote. Possibly not as the worst but definitely the most pointless signing

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Too be fair you could make a case for most of them - at least EB won us a penalty at Fulham, and he looked quite useful in the 1st half of his return game, so I would take him out of the firing line.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Will be quite funny to see Leon Best bag the award for 2 clubs in one season. As previously mentioned, he was crap for us, certainly didn't engender the bad will he gets here, but that's probably because he was rarely seen.....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What an incredibly difficult choice!

Al-Habsi was just pointless, so probably can't be judged worst.

Elliott Bennett at least seemed to be trying to help whilst clearly not having a clue what Hyypia wanted him to do.

Gary Gardner may have been the same, but it's difficult to remember him even appearing to try. He certainly seems to have more idea at Forest.

I've managed to miss most of the "appearances" that Best has made, or just haven't noticed him on the pitch.

This leaves me as Ledesma as looking totally awful and out of his depth whenever the ball came his way on the two occasions he actually made it onto the pitch.

So I make it a tie and I can't really choose between Gardner, Ledesma and Best.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Pretty shite pole, considering not all of our loan signings are even on that list.

However you covered the main one, Leon Best, I really wanted him to do well, but he has done nothing to show he has what it takes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The al Habsi signing was genuinely baffling at the time, utterly utterly pointless (although there were STILL some people on here at the time arguing that it "made sense"). :facepalm:

I honestly don't even think I've seen Ledesma, has he played a home game ? If he has then I've not noticed, which tells its own story I suppose. Won a pen at Reading, but we went on to lose anyway, so zero contribution from him.

Gardner was part of the Axis of Feeble with JFC which helped drag us to the arse-end of the table, but he did at least pop up with a couple of goals, so I guess he made a contribution of sorts. Although massively outweighed by his overwhelming crapness for almost his entire spell.

Elliott Bennett was dreadfully disappointing, but he was at least trying.

Best though. Has to be Best, he just about edges it over Ledesma for me, having contributed the square route of FACK-all at any point in a game for us, ever. Nothing, absolutely nothing, not even nuisance value. We might as well have been playing with 10. Another "professional" happy to go through the motions of pretending to be a footballer and picking up x-grand a week for it. Another complete and utter waste of skin on our payroll.

Jesus. What a season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here