Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A massive summer clear out and I hope Tony Bloom delivers on his promise......

After todays shambles I hope Chris Hughton gets the funds needed for the rebuilding of the team cos if Tony wants a top 6 finish next season then my word its gonna take a lot of doing.....We are going to need a complete re vamp and I hope CH will stay to do it ...It will only take a poor start to the season for him to maybe think what he has let himself in for and we could be looking for a 4th manager in as many seasons!!!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
After todays shambles I hope Chris Hughton gets the funds needed for the rebuilding of the team cos if Tony wants a top 6 finish next season then my word its gonna take a lot of doing.....We are going to need a complete re vamp and I hope CH will stay to do it ...It will only take a poor start to the season for him to maybe think what he has let himself in for and we could be looking for a 4th manager in as many seasons!!!

Maybe, but he's already spent over £200M on infrastructure so I'm sure we'll all be more than happy that we aren't being asked to pay for this rebuilding. If not then I'm sure that TB will be gratefully accepting all the contributions offered by disgruntled fans.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why did we offer Bruno a new contract? He is 34. Full backs need a bit of pace,

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure hughtons the man to do it as he's a defensive type manager in which is unlikely to get you anywhere in this division looking at the sides that go up of late.You need to be scoring goals regularly and attacking to progress to the prem as that's clear to see of late.

Will next season be like this....?
Wing backs that can't defend
Strikers playing on the wings
Wingers playing in the middle
Midfielders walking over the half way line when attacking

It's getting silly

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The required rebuild will cost a fair bit considering we need players for almost every position. I make it that Goalkeeper is about the only position we don't really need to invest in. But we need;

- At least one centre back (two if Dunk goes)
- Left Back
- Right back
- A creative centre midfielder
- At least two wingers/ wide players
- Possibly three strikers if CMS is released and Colunga and O'Grady are sold.

Not exactly a cheap shopping list but if Bloom is serious about top six it's what we need.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why did we offer Bruno a new contract? He is 34. Full backs need a bit of pace,
Exactly....should've never been offered a contract as next season we'll be stuck with two ageing right backs swopping places...Don't get why we keep him as he's only had one good season and that was his first.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still take issue with this notion of needing a major revamp.

Our goals conceded is on a par with the play off places.
We're likely to draw as many as we'll lose this season.

A major revamp will cost and that will take money away from where it's actually needed.

We need a manager to stay beyond May.
We need those coming back and the new signings available for pre season.
and we need:-

G

O

A

L

S

Major revamp doesn't come into it.
We just need to strength the weakness and be fookin professional about it.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Maybe, but he's already spent over £200M on infrastructure so I'm sure we'll all be more than happy that we aren't being asked to pay for this rebuilding. If not then I'm sure that TB will be gratefully accepting all the contributions offered by disgruntled fans.

But saying it like that makes me think of what someone once said in this forum. Whats the point of having a nice garage when you got no decent cars to put in it. Went something along those lines.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Tony Bloom has created the means..perhaps he needs to sell out now...to someone with the mega money needed to take the next step forward.....Whilst he`s mega rich to us..as football club"thats Prem ready" owner he`s not.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think most of our defence needs replacing only Dunk is worth keeping , maybe keep Greer , Bruno , as cover , send back Bennett he is not good enough as a defender , and going forward does not create enough .
The whole of our so called attacking force needs replacing with better quality players ,
Hopefully next season get our midfield in more attacking positions and create more chances

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Tony Bloom has created the means..perhaps he needs to sell out now...to someone with the mega money needed to take the next step forward.....Whilst he`s mega rich to us..as football club"thats Prem ready" owner he`s not.

You're restricted by ffp,so doesn't matter who is the owner.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I hate literally everything this football club has become and this 'supporter' is right up the top.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'm sure TB knows what his priorities are, and at some point - maybe after the hotel is built - will finally start to focus on the playing side of things.Which is pretty much all that counts to 'disgruntled fans'.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think most of our defence needs replacing only Dunk is worth keeping , maybe keep Greer , Bruno , as cover , send back Bennett he is not good enough as a defender , and going forward does not create enough .
The whole of our so called attacking force needs replacing with better quality players ,
Hopefully next season get our midfield in more attacking positions and create more chances

The problem is we'll have to sell Dunk and Ince to bring in the number of players to replace those who are leaving.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here