Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Conference to be renamed as National League

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The competition has also announced a new logo and a renewed three-year TV broadcasting deal with BT Sport.

Incoming National League chairman Brian Barwick said the new branding would "offer much to our existing partners whilst opening up new opportunities".

Current sponsors Vanarama will continue to lend their name to the competition.

Under the changes the fifth tier of English football, currently the Conference Premier, will officially become the Vanarama National League.

The two divisions of the sixth tier, currently the Conference North and South, will be renamed the Vanarama National League North and the Vanarama National League South.

The League will also have its own TV channel, NLTV, which will focus exclusively on the 68 member clubs across the three divisions.

Outgoing Conference chairman Brian Lee said: "Our announcement around the name change and broadcasting channel excites me and I sincerely hope it excites the football world."

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Outgoing Conference chairman Brian Lee said: "Our announcement around the name change and broadcasting channel excites me and I sincerely hope it excites the football world."

I'm trembling with excitement. Just like I trembled with excitement when Marathon bars were renamed Snickers.

Dec 29, 2011
Here we go, cue "who cares" posts, probably from the same people who moan L1 and L2 aren't given enough coverage or the Premier League has disappeared up it's own arse.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Who cares? And another thing, L1 and L2 aren't given enough coverage and the Premier League has disappeared up it's own arse.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Will NLTV be available to those who don't have BT? That is the biggest question!

oh, and does this mean Whitehawk will get more TV coverage than Brighton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here