Sky Bet Championship

Venue: New York Stadium
Date: Monday 6th April 2015
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Kevin Wright
Assistants: Richard Bartlett, Shaun Hudson
Fourth official: Seb Stockbridge

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Rotherham midfielder Kari Arnason will return to Steve Evans's side after completing a two-match suspension.
    [*=left]Striker Danny Ward is also likely to feature after recovering from foot and knee problems, as Rotherham look to end a winless run of four games.
    [*=left] Brighton will be missing their captain Gordon Greer as he starts a two-match ban for collecting his 10th booking of the season against Norwich.
    [*=left]Meanwhile, Sam Baldock and Andrew Crofts (both knee) remain sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head

• [*=left]The earlier meeting this season ended as a 1-1 draw at the AMEX Stadium in October.
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in the last six meetings, winning four. Rotherham's last win was 1-0 at home in the old Division One in September 2002.
    [*=left] Brighton have won the last two meetings at Rotherham - both by a 1-0 scoreline.

Rotherham

• [*=left]Rotherham have lost their last four games. Their last win was 2-0 at Huddersfield on 7 March.
    [*=left]Rotherham have lost their last three home games. Their last win at the New York Stadium was 2-1 against Millwall on 28 February.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have won only one of their last five games. Their only win since early March was 1-0 at Blackburn on 21 March.
    [*=left] That win at Blackburn is Brighton's only win in their last seven away games, having also drawn three and lost three.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Today will decide our fate for next season possibly. A win should make us safe, a defeat plus others winning puts the pressure on us, a draw will suffice if other results go our way.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As long as we don't lose...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed. Lose today and we could well be deep in the relegation mire. If we lose and Wigan win, it would be a disaster, Millwall don't play as their game with Blackburn is postponed for FA cup reasons.

I am very fearful that we will get zero points from our last 3 games.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As long as we don't lose...

I imagine that will be the team talk with an attempt at some world class bus parking with dreams of an own goal winner at the other end. In fact we may as well not bother playing any strikers.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course, I very much hope we win, but we do have a tough run-in. We should be home and hosed but, remarkably, Tony stuck with the Clueless One about 8 weeks too long. If we lose today, the almighty ****-up that is relegation would be back on. Nightmare scenario.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
rotherham 0 - 1 Albion
scary but solid win we will attack,attack and yet only score one goal and that from the seasons top scorer

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
rotherham 0 - 1 Albion
scary but solid win we will attack,attack and yet only score one goal and that from the seasons top scorer

Nice! :thumbsup:

luge

Dec 18, 2010
It's Alright. I had an unexpectedly easy chance to go today, but decided to head back to London from Sheffield rather than go to the game. 4-0 win.

Suomi Hypoxia

Registered Lurker
I imagine that will be the team talk with an attempt at some world class bus parking with dreams of an own goal winner at the other end. In fact we may as well not bother playing any strikers.

What are the chances of Steve Evans having an internal seizure if this happens?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we lose today, relegation would be back on. .

or ...If we lose and Wigan beat Derby at home (unlikely but Derby are in freefall) then we'd be still be a healthy 7 points clear, or 8 points effectively if you include our GD, of the bottom 3 with only 5 to play...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I would love to stay up for this one, but work looms tomorrow, so up at 6am.
Think I can push it to watching the first half before I have to crash.
Hope I witness the only goal of the game for the Albion!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
or ...If we lose and Wigan beat Derby at home (unlikely but Derby are in freefall) then we'd be still be a healthy 7 points clear, or 8 points effectively if you include our GD, of the bottom 3 with only 5 to play...

Millwall game in hand too... but I admire your rose-tinted specs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here