Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any pensioners going to spunk their pension on a Lamborghini today?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah they should get it out and blow the lot with the misguided chance of your rabble getting in and screwing the private pension pots like before.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I turned 55 two weeks ago .....

Sadly, not enough in my p-pot [is that pension or piss?] to stretch much beyond a Ford Focus.
More likely I'll use it as a deposit for a buy-to-let [and call it my retirement home]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No one will be getting there money today anyway with it being a bank holiday ..that and many pension providers not being geared up to ''pay out'' ...form filling questionnaires etc ..its not quite as simple as some make out. Having said that i hope to have some of mine by the end of this week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It must be annoying for those who've saved regularly over the years see the annuity rates now at less than half of what was projected as the lowest estimate.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Judging by Jeremy Vine the other day, every pensioner that can afford it is going to whack all they have into by to let, ramping up the house prices further.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its a crap time to take out an annuity imho ...but where else will people see a 'decent' return unless its with more risk

The same happened with mortgage endowment policies years ago , everybody was sold the dream of paying off their mortgage and still be left with a nice tidy sum to spend on a new car or round the world holiday.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You would have thought that with this windfall money the showrooms would have made an effort and opened especially from midnight!

I didn't see any advertising of special pension pot offers anywhere!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Once again the young generations of today continue to pay for the mistakes and overindulgence of previous generations.

Believe me Muzza, I am 66 and I cant remember too many mistakes and I have never overindulged, most of my life I have struggled to raise my family and put a roof over their head
Amongst the young generation of today are my children, grand children and great grand children.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Once again the young generations of today continue to pay for the mistakes and overindulgence of previous generations.

And the stupidity of politicians, when Gordon Brown attacked pensions I bought a buy to let in order to make up the shortfall in my pension.Prior to that I hadn't considered it especially as at the time they were talking of property prices falling, it was a gamble that paid off.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah, the last of the good times. Our parents (I'm late 30's) generation had the best of everything. Jobs for life, welfare, NHS, decent pensions, technology, didn't have to fight in WW2 but reaped all the rewards, sexual revolution, recreational drugs available, explosion of culture, nightlife, museums, galleries, food and restaurant revolution, cheap but quality property that was bought cheap and now worth a fortune, affordable foreign travel... The list goes on and on and on. Truly must have been the most privileged generation the world has ever seen. Good on 'em I say, the world will never see another golden period like that of 1950 - 2000. Never again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Allowing people access to their pension pots is the worst decision by any Government since selling off Council Houses.

Selling the council houses and nationalised industries was a quick way of the government to raise money to pay for tax cuts and to build up National defences following the Falklands war. Now we desperately need the council houses and need the nuclear weapons even less so

Giving people access to large amounts of money they hope it will increase spending to massively kick start the slow economy, especially for home produced products.

Further down the line, people won't have Annuities and more will rely on benefits to survive, especially with people living longer. This decision is stupid beyond belief and they sell it to us by saying '' We trust people because they are intelligent enough to make the right decisions''

Well Mr Cameron, some are, but just as many may not be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Allowing people access to their pension pots is the worst decision by any Government since selling off Council Houses.

Selling the council houses and nationalised industries was a quick way of the government to raise money to pay for tax cuts and to build up National defences following the Falklands war. Now we desperately need the council houses and need the nuclear weapons even less so

Giving people access to large amounts of money they hope it will increase spending to massively kick start the slow economy, especially for home produced products.

Further down the line, people won't have Annuities and more will rely on benefits to survive, especially with people living longer. This decision is stupid beyond belief and they sell it to us by saying '' We trust people because they are intelligent enough to make the right decisions''

I'm glad I now have even more freedom to do what I want with my money ...one byproduct of QE the lowest interest rates seen in many a year and consequentially very poor annuity rates..leading to poor annuity rates...also companies switching to money purchase schemes instead of continuing to offer final salary based schemes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Allowing people to use their own savings as they want, how is that wrong?

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012

We are all allowed an opinion! I for one am well chuffed that I will be able to manage my 'pot' when I get to 55! Use the 25% to pay off my mortgage and draw down the rest when it suits me!

Why shouldn't I be able to manage my money myself? After all, I've spent years saving it and the money men haven't exactly inspired me with confidence!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here