Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens says Albion still have plenty to play for [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Dale Stephens insists there is “no chance” of Albion coasting through to the end of the season.
The Seagulls are nine points clear of the Championship relegation zone with six games left, starting with today’s trip to fourth-bottom Rotherham.
They still have to play the other three teams in the top four following Friday’s 1-0 home defeat by Norwich and Stephens is determined there will be no let-up.

The fit-again midfielder told The Argus: “No, no chance, not for me, not for any of the boys I would imagine either.
“The season is definitely not finished. Even if we were safe it doesn’t matter. We want to finish the season as strongly as possible with as many points as possible as well.”
Stephens is making up for lost time after ten months out with ankle trouble.
He said: “I would prefer it if there were 17 or 18 games left. That’s just how it has been for me this year.
“I’m hoping that I can play in every game from now until the end of the season.”
Albion, 1-0 winners at Blackburn last time out away from home, are keen to keep promoted Rotherham at arm’s length.
They have a five-point cushion over the South Yorkshiremen, who are fighting to avoid an immediate return to League One under ex-Crawley manager Steve Evans.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here