Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Butlins Bognor - Old vid found on YouTube....back in the day ......

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
As a kid in the 70/80's we went to the Butlins in Minehead, Filey and Clacton.

Sadly, Butlins are glorified chav-fests these days....

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Crikey. How slow was that Ladybird ride? Health and Safety gone mad I tell ya.

I remember too well the Butlins/Pontins holidays.

Pi**ed up racist comedians for entertainment, Reg Varney-esque Red Coats, food halls full up with odious sideburned northern folk, chalets with luxurious electric ring ovens barely suitable for cooking on, Snooker for Dad, a giant scaletrix, a 5 inch deep paddling pool, candy floss stalls, soccer schools run by an ex pro nobody had ever heard of.

If you wish to revisit your past all over again, visit Blackpool

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Crikey. How slow was that Ladybird ride? Health and Safety gone mad I tell ya.

I remember too well the Butlins/Pontins holidays.

Pi**ed up racist comedians for entertainment, Reg Varney-esque Red Coats, food halls full up with odious sideburned northern folk, chalets with luxurious electric ring ovens barely suitable for cooking on, Snooker for Dad, a giant scaletrix, a 5 inch deep paddling pool, candy floss stalls, soccer schools run by an ex pro nobody had ever heard of.

If you wish to revisit your past all over again, visit Blackpool

I'm off to Blackpool on a coach holiday next week :D

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there's no footage of naughty boys mooning diners up against the glass walled swimming pool / restaraunt window ........travesty....!!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Used to get free access through my family knowing a manageress there. I remember having my 10th birthday party there in 1972. Last went around the time of this video -but never stayed there. Even when young I remember being shown the cabins and I thought they were pretty awful. My memory is that the riides were ok, but everything else was pretty rubbish!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Took the grand kids down last week for day trip £25 adult good swimming pool met Titan the robot they loved it fair rides looking very dated bug still a good day out for young ones

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Came home to find my mum drying loads money in the kitchen as my uncle fell in the boating lake at Butlins on a day trip :shrug:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Ma & Pa took me there in circa 1964 and I have some old cine film they took of me and my sister.
I don't actually remember any of it as I was only 4 ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here