Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MARRS: CONTINUE THE MOMENTUM

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion women manager James Marrs says his side must continue their momentum after the Seagulls moved two points clear at the top of the table, following a 1-0 victory at Lewes.
A first-half free-kick by Charlotte Gurr sealed three crucial points for the Seagulls to complete a league double over their Sussex rivals, while fellow title challengers Portsmouth and Cardiff were both beaten by Charlton and West Ham respectively.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There will be more twists and turns, there always is in the title run in. Charlton are on one hell of a run at the moment so I’m pleased we haven’t got to play them again, but at the end of the day, any team can beat any team in this league and you will see that from the results.
“It’s very topsy-turvy, but we’ve got to make sure we focus on what we’re doing, which we have done since the Portsmouth defeat. We’ve managed to rack up three wins on the bounce now and not conceded a goal. We’re working hard to get the targets out that I set the girls each week.
“Obviously it’s nice to be in and around the title race; it’s quite exciting, but as soon as you start focusing on winning the league then you start putting pressure on yourselves and the girls don’t perform. I’ve been there before and I know what we need to do to re-focus. We’ll start again and learn from our experiences in the past.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Today's victory over the Rookettes follows on from a 3-0 win over the same opposition last week at Culver Road and Marrs says he could not be happier with the outcome from both games.
“I would've bitten your hand off if you had said we would score four and concede none against our local rivals. This is not the greatest of grounds for me to come to, it’s a bit of bogey ground and Lewes are a bit of a bogey side, so to pick up two wins against them this season is absolutely tremendous. Our focus is now on Plymouth next week and we need to continue our roll.”
The Albion manager also heaped the praise on Charlotte Gurr, who played a pivotal role in the win at the Dripping Pan, but saw her 77th minute penalty saved by Lewes keeper Alison Cowling.
“I thought Gurrsy [Charlotte Gurr] was going that way by her run up, but she’s got the winner and grafted hard in training. I’ve put her under some pressure in training to produce and she played in the middle of the park today, which is a completely different role for her and I thought she coped with it really well.
“She’s great from set pieces and we should have done better with the majority of her corners, but it was a great free kick from her and I’m chuffed she netted the winner - she deserved that.”[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH**
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD*
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD**
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here