Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hertha Berliner Sport Club 1892 Essen thread special

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Due to the egalitarian nature of Deutsche fussball I'm keeping this one real. Can you guess what it is?

Please note game is in full swing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 422

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Currywurst behind the goal with a nice Lager , wouldn't happen at the Amex

Correct answer.

Currywurst €3, litre Warsteiner €7, Marlboro Light, models own.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Due to the egalitarian nature of Deutsche fussball I'm keeping this one real. Can you guess what it is?

Please note game is in full swing

Would have thought Union would be more up your street HT.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks amazing tbh!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would have thought Union would be more up your street HT.

Well, when I first came to Germany it was during the Withdean years and fancied treating myself to top-tier football in a nice stadium as opposed to more lower league drudgery in a crap stadium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well, when I first came to Germany it was during the Withdean years and fancied treating myself to top-tier football in a nice stadium as opposed to more lower league drudgery in a crap stadium.

Seems fair enough. Think i have asked you this before, now you have replied. The weird early kick off times at Union are another obvious down side.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems fair enough. Think i have asked you this before, now you have replied. The weird early kick off times at Union are another obvious down side.

Yes. The second division games are shunted all over the place and, as you say, at very odd times. They are moved to avoid Bundesliga matches although I'm not sure why. I should ask someone why this is.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
is the view any good? looks quite far away

also noticed obviously its a massive stadium so not gonna be full, but does that mean the atmosphere lacks?

always wanted to go to a bundesliga game and might have the opportunity next autumn in berlin (although im going for the berlin marathon so im assuming theres a good chance the game wont be on)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
is the view any good? looks quite far away

also noticed obviously its a massive stadium so not gonna be full, but does that mean the atmosphere lacks?

always wanted to go to a bundesliga game and might have the opportunity next autumn in berlin (although im going for the berlin marathon so im assuming theres a good chance the game wont be on)

The view was okay. I've been to numerous games at the ground and if you sit half way back in any of the stands you have a good angle/perspective so you can see everything. Whilst you can see all the action it is difficult to make out individual players due to the distance. You're closer on the sides but if you want to be in the midst of the atmosphere try the Ostcurve; preferably the lower stand. The Ostcurve is always loud and rowdy and holds around 7 thousand and is always sold out regardless of the overall capacity. FYI the photo was taken right at the back of the lower tier Ostcurve.

I have a feeling they do ensure Hertha play away when the marathon is on. When I ran it part of the package was a breakfast run on the Saturday which ended with a lap of the stadium running track.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Yes. The second division games are shunted all over the place and, as you say, at very odd times. They are moved to avoid Bundesliga matches although I'm not sure why. I should ask someone why this is.

The Union Kick Off times are annoying at times, especially if you've had a late one the previous night. However the Union Tankstelle at Kopenick considerately opens at 9am to cater for the inconsiderate kick off times.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here