Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharm El Sheikh In July

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Where are you staying ?
The quad/buggy desert tour is good but do the sunset one it's beautiful.

I second this. Do the quad bike evening tour taking in the Bedouin meal / dance. Best thing that we have done on holiday. My 18 year old daughter loved it and she doesn't like anything.

If you want to go shopping go to Soho Square. They're not allowed to hassle you there.

If you do go to Soho Square the food court is good value. Avoid the Pub at the entrance, its very very expensive.

Enjoy

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't plan on doing any trips outside of Sharm.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

Do NOT bother with buying a visa (unless you are staying longer that 15 days or travelling outside Sinai or Ras Mohammed) when you arrive at the airport, no matter what people say. You will receive a free Sinai entry permission stamp on arrival.
Do not use ice in drinks unless you are sure it is made with bottled water.
If you handle Egyptian money, wash your hands ASAP. Most places will take £ sterling.

If you do get the shits, buy stuff from a chemist (doesn't cost much). Immodium or other bought at home is normally of no use.
We used to bring their stuff home with us, then send it to someone we know. She then sent it out to her husband in Afghanistan when he was serving out there.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Don't plan on doing any trips outside of Sharm.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

Do NOT bother with buying a visa (unless you are staying longer that 15 days or travelling outside Sinai or Ras Mohammed) when you arrive at the airport, no matter what people say. You will receive a free Sinai entry permission stamp on arrival.
Do not use ice in drinks unless you are sure it is made with bottled water.
If you handle Egyptian money, wash your hands ASAP. Most places will take £ sterling.

If you do get the shits, buy stuff from a chemist (doesn't cost much). Immodium or other bought at home is normally of no use.
We used to bring their stuff home with us, then send it to someone we know. She then sent it out to her husband in Afghanistan when he was serving out there.
Antinel I think it's called, take this for the shits and you'll be right as rain within the day.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Antinel I think it's called, take this for the shits and you'll be right as rain within the day.

That's the stuff. Works wonders, so I'm told.
Never needed it myself after about 20 trips.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Avoid the Russians at all costs. From experience they would be up before breakfast drinking Uzo at the hotel bar until mid morning when they passed out pissed. This would be followed by waking up redder than a lobster mid afternoon, sulking off to their room and coming out in the evening to drink some more. Each and every time being loud, rude and aggressive to anyone in their path.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
this might sound silly but, was your hands where ever you go as you could get the Egyptian tummy (tummy bug) . The money which is handled is very dirty.
we done a midnight horse ride into the dessert and into the bed-win tents. very nice it was.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Been there when it was 51[SUP]o[/SUP]

i know i am not in on this conversation but i just wanted to add to it, when we went to Turkey we had a heatwave come over from Africa and everyone in the locals was in the shade as the heat was so intense, it was above 60°C

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here