Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our forum standards?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Is this an acceptable level of "ribaldly, on this forum, as posited by bombardier botty?
Am I alone in finding no Mod intervention remarkable?

"Did a cat fu ck you up the arse when you were a small child or something Hugh'sDad?"

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Is this an acceptable level of "ribaldly, on this forum, as posited by bombardier botty?
Am I alone in finding no Mod intervention remarkable?

"Did a cat fu ck you up the arse when you were a small child or something Hugh'sDad?"

Suck it up and move on (just don't tell Hugh) would be my advice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately this forum has degenerated into people just throwing personal insults rather than debate a point and it is not only the apparently very young but some who are older and should know better who are responsible.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Unfortunately this forum has degenerated into people just throwing personal insults rather than debate a point and it is not only the apparently very young but some who are older and should know better who are responsible.

Including Mods now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This place is positively polite and civilised in comparison to what it was.

This is not the place for the easily offended, even now though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've been wasting my life posting bollox on here since 1997, Hugh's dad rocks up in 2011 and decides to take umbrage and grass me up. Outrageous behaviour.

What did your ridiculous comment achieve? It just made you appear as a 12 year old entering the big wide world but as you have been posting on here since 1997 you must be in your 30s so why post such a childish comment?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
just file him in your 'knob' folder in your head, laugh at him and move on.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What did your ridiculous comment achieve? It just made you appear as a 12 year old entering the big wide world but as you have been posting on here since 1997 you must be in your 30s so why post such a childish comment?
You see no irony in complaining that people just throw insults around and then say someone appears to be 12 in your next post? Top debating skills you have there. What was it again? Something about wishing someone suffered child abuse or somesuch a few months ago?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As it's personal, it is a bit offensive, but best just ignored - or hit the "ignore" button so you don't get to see his posts at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Including Mods now

There's only one thing that annoys me more than people posting unsociably, and that's people telling me (and the moderators) how to moderate.

As has been said time and time again...

1. Do not assume that because something on NSC there is implicit acceptance of it. It is highly likely that no moderator has seen it.

2. Report the 'bad posts'. I can see, now, that you have done this (although it's only you that has - twice). I do not spend every second of my waking day monitoring my email to make sure I react with speed every time someone reports a posts. As it happens, despite my MacBook sitting open on the arm of the sofa, probably showing me as active on NSC, I was playing with my 4 year old. Sorry about that.

3. When action is taken against those who have gone against NSC's rules, it remains between the moderator and the poster in question. You can request all you like for details of action taken - you won't get them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In the bottom left of every post is an icon that is an exclamation mark in a triangle. Click on that to report a post you think goes against the forum's standards and the mods will deal with it in accordance to policy.

If you click on a poster's name it brings up a menu where there is an option to ignore the user, which you can use to hide the posts of people in whom you have no interest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Pot. Kettle. Black.

As someone who made one of the worst posts ever on NSC, I wouldn't be shouting for harsher actions if I were you.

Or maybe we should start taking retrospective action...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's just words. I used to get a bit precious about it, but sometimes such abuse can be an endorsement of a sensible post.

The best thing to do is not respond, or with humour. I once confused the resident Fairy by deliberately miss-interpreting one of his trolling responses as a useful suggestion. You can get your own back in subtle ways without resorting to abuse yourself.

I think [MENTION=2455]Bombardier Botty[/MENTION] should apologise to the cats he may have offended.

NSC is a rather broad church, to say the least.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here