Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Flags

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
Last year I asked the folk of NSC to get more Sussex Flags at Albion games, I can thankfully say that this has paid off! :clap::clap::clap: I thought yesterday looked amazing with the amount of Martlets dotted around the Amex! More of this please...

sussex flag bha 5.jpg

sussex flag bha 3.png

sussex flag bha 10.jpg

sussex flag bha 11.jpg

sussex flag bha 12.jpg

sussex flag bha 13.jpg

For more photos of the Sussex flag at Albion games and being proudly displayed around the county, see... www.facebook.com/SussexFlag
To see the history of Sussex's county flag, see... www.sussexflag.wordpress.com

Let's see if we can get even more Sussex flags at the Amex :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

Last year I asked the folk of NSC to get more Sussex Flags at Albion games, I can thankfully say that this has paid off! :clap::clap::clap: I thought yesterday looked amazing with the amount of Martlets dotted around the Amex! More of this please...

View attachment 64355

View attachment 64354

View attachment 64350

View attachment 64351

View attachment 64352

View attachment 64353

For more photos of the Sussex flag at Albion games and being proudly displayed around the county, see... www.facebook.com/SussexFlag
To see the history of Sussex's county flag, see... www.sussexflag.wordpress.com

Let's see if we can get even more Sussex flags at the Amex :thumbsup:

Excellent.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sussex-flag-of-historic-county-flies-at-heart-of-government

Yes. I know all this. It's all part of the Chichester-based plot to foist their version of the Sussex myth on the rest of us ... the so-called "Sussex Day" is part of the same thing. And don't get me started on St Richard. Much of Sussex historically owes its ecclesiastical allegiance to Canterbury, not Chichester. And there has been no Sussex-wide administrative unit since the eighth century. Let's keep it that way and not have East Sussex subsumed into some meaningless fantasy that denies our eastern heritage. Lewes is our County Town.

Wind up post? :) Please tell me you ARE joking LB.

Or are you a East Sussex County Council employee?

No. But once upon a time I was. I was even a member of the working group that re-designed the County Council's logo in the early 1990s (the one that is misrepresented on the Sussex Flags website, btw), so I am very familiar with the history of how East Sussex, West Sussex and Sussex have been represented over the years.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Good to see that East Sussex Albion fans haven't been taken in by this piece of nonsense. Our Sussex flags are red and gold.

Oh fine, so just as it seems that there's some traction and unanimity behind getting the Sussex flag more generally known accepted and particularly, it becoming more common at the ground, you poke your divisive oar in.

Let's also get the debate going to about how youngsters can't relate to singing the anachronistic "gay" in Sussex by the Sea just for good measure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here