Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I being old fashioned in regards of times and places you should do business

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

It's Sunday and I get a leaflet put through my door at 7:55am for Papa Johns pizzas. For me there is a time and place for business. Sunday especially at this time is not one of them. Am I being old fashioned?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Think you probably need some actual problems in your life to give you perspective.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's Sunday and I get a leaflet put through my door at 7:55am for Papa Johns pizzas. For me there is a time and place for business. Sunday especially at this time is not one of them. Am I being old fashioned?
Alternatively -

Blimey there's a poor person who's delivering a bazillion leaflets on a Sunday morning for a tenner.
They must really need that money.

There but for the grace of God go I

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
If the OP is your considered opinion then maybe it might be worth your while inventing time travel and getting yourself back to 1970, you'd probably be happier there. :wave:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Does it really matter?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Does it really matter?
Very much this. It's only a leaflet and probably some youngster making a couple of quid.

Now what make my blood boil is cold callers on a Sunday afternoon or early evenings. This is where i get aggressive and get fed up with it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
There are far more important things to get flustered about. I for one am in a cold sweat worried about pre-match :drink: locations in Rotherham tomorrow

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What's the problem just put the leaflet out for recycling and job done. If you dont like business being done on a sunday just stay at home apart from the attending the local church service.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Alternatively -

Blimey there's a poor person who's delivering a bazillion leaflets on a Sunday morning for a tenner.
They must really need that money.

There but for the grace of God go I

Well said by a Postie!!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

If your that p!ssed off with it , go to Papa Johns early on Monday morning scoop up some dog pancake and lay it outside the shop. Put his leaflet on the top, set light to it, knock on the door and run away. Papa john will come out and immediately stamp on the fire to put it out.

Otherwise, just let it go and enjoy your Sunday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There are far more important things to get flustered about. I for one am in a cold sweat worried about pre-match :drink: locations in Rotherham tomorrow

Doncaster is a good watering hole- if you are going that route.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Maybe you should be
Thinking - ' it's Sunday 8.08 and I should be
Getting ready for Church and a day of rest '

Not rushing to
NSC and complaining about the timing of a leaflet drop 😇

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
CBTPxsTWEAEzycK.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I get the hump with that type of rubbish being put through my letter box irrespective of the time or day but i do draw a line at cold calls on the phone for PPI or new goverment legislation after 5.30 ( normal work ofice hours) and tell the callers?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sunday is probably Papa John's busiest day, I'm sure if you looked into the market all the pizza places would report the weekend is when they do their most business so it makes sense that they would deliver leaflets on a sunday. It's also put business the way of the leaflet printers, and the poor sod delivering them!

Just put it in the recycling box and think nothing further of it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's one of about two days per year that the supermarkets are closed, and there are bound to be a few people out there that find themselves out of food, or who've had sunday lunch and can't be arsed to cook in the evening.

Easter Sunday is probably prime time for Papa John's, Domino's and the rest. I'm not remotely surprised that they're out leafleting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here