Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Wiggins Finish with a Classic Win

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.
Not even close to the best rider in his own team let alone the race.

6/1 for Roubaix is also laughable.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you was going to lump a tenner on tomorrows race and it's a Brit win that interests you then might as well lump it on Geraint Thomas, rightly favourite at about 5/1. It's his best chance to win Flanders as he's in great form and both Cance and Boonen are out injured.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If you was going to lump a tenner on tomorrows race and it's a Brit win that interests you then might as well lump it on Geraint Thomas, rightly favourite at about 5/1. It's his best chance to win Flanders as he's in great form and both Cance and Boonen are out injured.

Thomas is too short at 5-1, there is no value in that bet. Wiggins will be nowhere near, maybe in lead group to about 40km out. I'm going to keep my money in my pocket for this one as I cannot see any real value at the moment. Might change my mind in the morning though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thomas is too short at 5-1, there is no value in that bet. Wiggins will be nowhere near, maybe in lead group to about 40km out. I'm going to keep my money in my pocket for this one as I cannot see any real value at the moment. Might change my mind in the morning though.

As with all classics races, anyone under 10/1 is too short really as it's all such a lottery. You'd have to agree though that all things have come together to make G's chances of winning better than he's ever likely to get again. If I was to "lump a tenner" on anyone, which I wouldn't btw, then my money would go on G.

I'm struggling at the mo to find anyone I want to put my usual £1 e/w long odds money on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Degenkolb, Roelandts and Boom are all keenly priced, for Flanders.

As completely dismissive as I am of Wiggins, he has been working with the cobbles as his sole aim, and we all know what that usually means, 66/1 for Flanders might be slightly too long.

Although 6/1 for Roubaix are ridiculous odds.
I'd be raising an eyebrow at say 20's, but second favourite with no form or racing is crazy.

The 16/1 on Stybar for Roubaix a couple of months ago was seriously overpriced.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Although 6/1 for Roubaix are ridiculous odds.
I'd be raising an eyebrow at say 20's, but second favourite with no form or racing is crazy.

What do you mean? He won the time trial at De Panne :dunce:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Well, i'm not a gambling man, but I reckon that Wiggins can surprise us. yes there are many in with a shout and always a Belgian and it depends so much on so many different factors. For sure it is going to be a great race and an each way on BW (f there is such a thing in cycling) would be worthwhile.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, i'm not a gambling man, but I reckon that Wiggins can surprise us. yes there are many in with a shout and always a Belgian and it depends so much on so many different factors. For sure it is going to be a great race and an each way on BW (f there is such a thing in cycling) would be worthwhile.
Wiggins + semi targeted event, doesn't = 66/1

We all know how his mind works.

It's just still a long stretch to think he can just turn and win, against riders who have looked superb in similar events over the last month or so.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'd love Wiggins to win Roubaix. I know very little about cycling history, but I do know that if it weren't for the likes of Sir Brad and the Brownlees, I'd probably have never bought a road bike.

He might be marmite for the more long-going cycling fans, but he has encouraged a lot of people to take an interest in the sport. I'll be supporting his new venture too (but I won't by the jersey... against the rules!!).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here