Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which striker/strikers would you aim to bring in this summer?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Which striker/strikers would you think were realistic targets for BHA in order to compete for next season?

Ex prem, championship, league 1/2..........vanarama. Perhaps European or further afield?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Due to the price wanted in the UK I would think they will be looking at Spain, Eastern Europe or possibly African.

I do not believe it is entirely down to the strikers but the midfield supply to them, hence I keep saying Jed Wallace at Portsmoutha. At the reported fee cap of £275k., he would be a steal.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not many names being mentioned as realistic targets. Just goes to show it's not as easy as people think to bring in quality players at the right prices.
Having said that, perhaps we already have enough and we don't need to strengthen there.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
If Gary Hooper can't get much of a look in at Norwich in the Championship, then he would be a good buy/season loan if Norwich go up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have been hampered by having loans although 3 are in the team now but I would look to getting permenant signings as much as possible and using the loans for what they are intended to help you out not rely on as we do with Tex and Bennett.

How much did Wolves pay for Afobe?
There is quality out there at the right price it's just that our recruitment team over the last couple of seasons has been useless.
I'm hoping quality such as the likes of Kayal is now being lined up for the close season,none of the fannying around we suffered under that useless Burke.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
When I got home from the match last night I managed to catch the last 15 minutes of Ipswich v Bouremouth on the TV - Kenwyne Jones is on loan at Bournemouth and Chris Wood at Ipswich - I think these are precisely the sort of players we need at the club. Alternatively Hooper or Jerome from Norwich would be good acquisitions if surplus to requirements at Norwich.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How about Adam Rooney of Aberdeen? Top scorer in Scotland with 30- odd goals, 27 years old, played under Hughton while at Birmingham. Poacher, penalty taker. Would be an upgrade on CMS AND a big saving on wages. AND he comes with a ready- made song!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Glen Murray and Bobby Zamora
(It was going to happen sooner or later, best to just get there names up there now)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We have a natural finisher in our ranks. We just don't play him in a system where he can excel. Play Baldock along side any of the aforementioned (Wood, Jones etc) and he'll fly. Too many square pegs in round holes IMO. I also agree with BG about bringing in talent in the midfield (wide areas in particular) to aid the strikers. Jed Wallace, Matt Ritchie or Bennett would be perfect.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I would bring in at least 2/3
CMS should be let go. COG I would prob also let go and Best would be Best never being seen in a Brighton shirt again.
Baldock I think has a role to play.
Borja Gonzales would be my first choice for an out and out CF. Not a typical Spanish player. Tall strong and quick. Still young and leads a line very well on his own.
We also need more from the wide players. Those that do play the same system as us and play it well have quality out wide and players who score goals from this position. All these areas need improvement.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
This on paper sounds totally unrealistic but with Spur's looking to off load Adebayor and saying they will help fund his £100,000 a week wage bill could he not be our spearhead 2015/2016 ? would sell a few season tickets as well. Just thinking of a CH / Spuds link up.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
This on paper sounds totally unrealistic but with Spur's looking to off load Adebayor and saying they will help fund his £100,000 a week wage bill could he not be our spearhead 2015/2016 ? would sell a few season tickets as well. Just thinking of a CH / Spuds link up.

Absolutely no chance that Adebayor would drop down to a Championship club, if West Ham or another Prem club don't go in for him then can easily see one in Italy taking him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here