Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middle Aged Men of the West Stand

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Didn't realise we did.

Young whipper snappers of the West Stand. Why do you look at many of us who stand up, shake our fists and stick our fingers up at the away fans whey they announce the crowd attendance? What's all that about?

And then run off home to your PC to post ALL about it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This reminds me of the Malongo (sp) season opener at Reading.

We were in the back row, behind the goal.
The next row had 10-15 blokes, for all I know they were 'faces'!!, crammed into the space of 5 seats.

They spent the entire game hurling abuse at the Reading fans.
They physically couldn't have been further away from a Reading fan if they tried.
They'd have been closer to Reading fans if they'd stayed in Brighton.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me, 'we took Reading that day'. :whistle:

Regards
SB

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Applauding the fact that they had come, and yesterdays 3200 Norwich fans giving £100,000 in ticket money to BHAFC.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Applauding the fact that they had come, and yesterdays 3200 Norwich fans giving £100,000 in ticket money to BHAFC.

Yeah take their carrot currency, then produce a couple of special filicky 'V's' from the jean pockets.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

Does that include the 16 tickets that got roasted in the chicken?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Clapping the away fans - what's all THAT about?
99% of the applause is for the magnificent home attendance.

A handful of unusually nice people also clap the away fans for travelling.

It is not a problem.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I think it was the Forest game where just as the many around me were rising to their feet with arms above their head about to applaud the 'aways' our visitors scored. Confusion was not the word.
:facepalm:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I didn't realise they'd come on some sort of altruistic pilgrimage. As far as I'm concerned, for 90 minutes they are the spawn of the devil to be mocked, heckled and made to feel uncomfortable. Not applauded or thanked.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I didn't realise they'd come on some sort of altruistic pilgrimage. As far as I'm concerned, for 90 minutes they are the spawn of the devil to be mocked, heckled and made to feel uncomfortable. Not applauded or thanked.

Gone are days where teams may have felt intimidated in playing away. Might as well give em a few free pints too just so they enjoy their day even more.........:clap::clap::clap:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Supporters in general are not as nice nowadays as they were in the 70s and 80s , i fondly remember being showered with thrupenny bits and the odd 2 bob when travelling to certain grounds by home fans eager to show their appreciation that we came to visit their ground .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Supporters in general are not as nice nowadays as they were in the 70s and 80s , i fondly remember being showered with thrupenny bits and the odd 2 bob when travelling to certain grounds by home fans eager to show their appreciation that we came to visit their ground .
The West Brom fans were a generous lot, showering us with money as the train pulled in to Rolfe Street station. I made 24p clear profit that day.

:)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We really make it far too nice for away fans and teams. Stick them in the corner with a shit view and charge them a fortune, like everyone else does. Don't let them once again roar their team to a winning goal by having them pack the end behind the goal they are attacking.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We really make it far too nice for away fans and teams. Stick them in the corner with a shit view and charge them a fortune, like everyone else does. Don't let them once again roar their team to a winning goal by having them pack the end behind the goal they are attacking.

You'd never that at Fulham or Charlton or Millwall or Brentford or......hang on........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here