Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mods and Rocks

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
Sorry if fixtures...

What a classy effort by The Albion. Whilst it began slowly, those that stayed witnessed something which is sadly a rarity - home and away fans enjoying each other's company and having a bloody good time! An incredible atmosphere. Other clubs really should take our lead.

That made me so proud to support this special club. Hats off to all involved.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, it was great fun. The City fans were great value, and spoke of how much they were enjoying their day here. As one said to me, they would never see such a spectacle elsewhere. They loved the ground, our supporters, and the whole experience. Interestingly, they seemed to feel that we are a good example of a positive modern day football experience.

Well done to [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] as well as Dan and the other organisers.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It was brilliant. Excellent work by Al, Dan and Digitalis. The conga during Night Boat to Cairo was hilarious. Tremendous fun. Brighton And Hove Albion at its best.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interestingly, they seemed to feel that we are a good example of a positive modern day football experience.

I'm confused now, as a couple of posters on here claim that this is exactly what is killing modern football and why they don't go any more ???

I thought it was excellent - keep it up and they may not come again :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We enjoyed it.

Other highlights included...

• Jamie vdW throwing shapes
•*Attila dancing to Chic (no, really)
•*Attila spilling beer on Eton Rifles (got away with it)
• Young Master Bridger's centre-stage air guitar
• A couple of vair pret' laydees wanting to stand near the DJ table (oh, nothing)
• the afore-mentioned conga train to Night Boat To Cairo
•*Dan screaming at me to 'calm it down' as I followed it with 'Too Much Too Young'.
• The Norwich fans having one big long party

Cheers to everyone who came along to make it sucha great do.

We may do another one one day. :)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Superb entertInment, had a chat to some Norwich fans on the way back into town and they asked me to pass on their thanks for an the best away day they'd had. CONGA-tastic scenes

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm confused now, as a couple of posters on here claim that this is exactly what is killing modern football and why they don't go any more ???

I think a lot of folk are in between really. There are aspects of the old game that I miss, but a lot of the modern game I like. I guess it's the same for many.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Thought it was brilliant as were the Norwich fans enjoying their day.

The couldn't speak highly enough of the Amex which speaks volumes for what we offer as the 'complete match day experience'

Just a shame the club failed to meet the demands of the supporters by putting enough staff behind the kiosks.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Great time and well done to those who put it on, nice mix of tunes too!

How about something for the last home game, which is an early KO so early finish. If summer arrives it could be a beach party. outside the North?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Should have a DJ every week, the club would be raking it in! Had a bloody good boogie until I was ejected for smoking my e cig..

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

If they think people - from both clubs - having a brilliant time, getting pissed and dancing to a great selection of proper tunes is killing modern football then it's probably best they don't go anymore.

I bloody loved it. My ears are still numb.

Never thought rock would work so well with soul but it did. Great fun.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Many thanks to the organisers of Mods and Rocks. I had a fantastic time dancing to some great tracks, laughed a lot and met some great people. The Norwich fans were good value. It was really great to see both sets of fans enjoying each others company. Not sure if it would ever work with the likes of Leeds, Millwall etc but it should certainly be done on a more regular basis. Last home game of the season would be a good one.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Excellent work by all those involved in organising a cracking bit of fun.

Even The Large One seems far less scary now that he has a face!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here