Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett must take blame as Albion lose at home to Norwich [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION boss Chris Hughton has blamed Joe Bennett for allowing Nathan Redmond to come back to haunt him.
Redmond came off the bench to set up former Seagull Bradley Johnson for the only goal for promotion-chasing Norwich at the Amex yesterday.
The England under-21s winger, signed by Hughton for Norwich after playing under him at Birmingham, beat left-back Bennett within six minutes of coming on to supply the cross for Johnson to inflict Albion's third defeat in ten games and maintain Norwich's unbeaten away league run in 2015.
Hughton told The Argus: "I know what he (Redmond) can do, particularly coming off the bench, so it wasn't a surprise. But defensively I thought it was a very poor goal for us to concede in the context of the game. I think probably Joe will look at it and feel he should have done better.
"He's been good for us and I think he is big enough and bold enough to probably accept he could have done better in that circumstance but Redmond is a big talent and he is capable of doing something like that against anybody."
Hughton felt Albion's overall display deserved a better result after Joao Teixeira wasted their best chance by shooting wide in the first half.
He said: "I thought Joao's performance was very much like the game. In the first 20 minutes he gave the ball away far too often for someone of his ability.

"He has got that type of ability and when the game turns, which it did, then he is very good but in those periods you want him to create or score and we weren't able to do that through him."
Captain Gordon Greer is suspended for Monday's trip to relegation-threatened Rotherham and high-flying Bournemouth's visit next Friday following his tenth booking for a first half foul.
Lewis Dunk, on the bench after a two-match ban of his own for ten cautions, will partner Greg Halford at centre-half in South Yorkshire.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here