Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
Your subs are too late
your subs are too late
chrissie hughton
your subs are too late

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
At 55mins we were losing the momentum needed to put them under pressure . Carayol and Lua lUA ON THE BENCH GET ONE OR BOTH ON - NO LETS WAIT FOR THEM TO SCOREFIRST AND THEN SEE IF THEY CAN GET A SECOND BEFORE AS PLANNED WE BRING ON LUA LUA AT 70 MINS PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I told the mouthy grey bobble hat two seats down from me that Lua Lua should come on after ten minutes---he just gave me a sad look---well done you.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
With the exception of Lua Lua who shows his best form in 30/20 min bursts as a sub the players at his disposal lack the sufficient quality to offer much going forward but also weaken us greatly in terms of keeping a good shape and stopping the opposition from opening us up.

He kept it tight today against a very strong Norwich side, if he had played a more attacking team we would have been beaten easily IMHO

We desperately need an injection of quality this summer or we will be lower half plodders again next season.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
More of a token gesture bringing on best and cms, neither player ever looks likely to score but Hughton doesn't have any other options.. Bring on the summer when best will go and massive savings on cms wages to bring in someone decent!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I just posted this on the 'sign us a striker' thread and probably should have put it on this one instead:
CH's team selections and substitutions continue to baffle me. NO width yesterday. Two wingers on the bench. Then he brings on the two most ineffective 'strikers' we have when we need to score. He worries me. He has made us safe for sure but i am concerned about next season already.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
CMS and Best came on far too early. They should have come on with forks in their hands after the game.
That double substitution has put me on a real downer this weekend

This is true sadly. The squad needs a serious revamp. They brought on Redmond who gave Bennett a real hard time and had a striker of real quality on the bench in hooper. We had best who quite frankly seemed more interested in complaining to the linesman and CMS who runs a lot but these days seems to carry very little goal threat.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I just posted this on the 'sign us a striker' thread and probably should have put it on this one instead:
CH's team selections and substitutions continue to baffle me. NO width yesterday. Two wingers on the bench. Then he brings on the two most ineffective 'strikers' we have when we need to score. He worries me. He has made us safe for sure but i am concerned about next season already.

Or maybe give the guy a chance. He's turned us from relegation fodder to a mid table team (in terms of results since he's been here). He has limited attacking options, especially with Baldock and March injured, and so he's playing defensively to give us more chance of winning. It was only one goal between us yesterday and, although they deserved the win, it could have gone to us in our good first half spell.

He has made one permanent signing so far who has been fantastic and got the best out of limited resources. At least give the guy a chance to put his mark on the team before expressing your concern. I despair of some of our fans sometimes. We lose, however good the opponents were it is automatically the end of the world.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is true sadly. The squad needs a serious revamp. They brought on Redmond who gave Bennett a real hard time and had a striker of real quality on the bench in hooper. We had best who quite frankly seemed more interested in complaining to the linesman and CMS who runs a lot but these days seems to carry very little goal threat.

It's hard to argue with that but it's not Hughton's fault. The bigger question, looking at the game, is why Redmond didn't start as he changed the game for them.

They also brought on Hooper, a £6 million striker, and all we had were Best and CMS. Hardly comparable but definitely not Hughton's fault.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At 55mins we were losing the momentum needed to put them under pressure . Carayol and Lua lUA ON THE BENCH GET ONE OR BOTH ON - NO LETS WAIT FOR THEM TO SCOREFIRST AND THEN SEE IF THEY CAN GET A SECOND BEFORE AS PLANNED WE BRING ON LUA LUA AT 70 MINS PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, l don't actually think we played too badly, (save for out powder puff attack). To be honest Norwich didn't create many chances either, only difference is they managed to score from one of theirs. On another day wecxould of drawn, or even won the game.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Or maybe give the guy a chance. He's turned us from relegation fodder to a mid table team (in terms of results since he's been here). He has limited attacking options, especially with Baldock and March injured, and so he's playing defensively to give us more chance of winning. It was only one goal between us yesterday and, although they deserved the win, it could have gone to us in our good first half spell.

He has made one permanent signing so far who has been fantastic and got the best out of limited resources. At least give the guy a chance to put his mark on the team before expressing your concern. I despair of some of our fans sometimes. We lose, however good the opponents were it is automatically the end of the world.

well its not a reaction to yesterdays result. wasn't expecting anything yesterday. i am just concerned at his use of our existing players. His choice of Leon Best. HIs strange subs and his unwillingness to 'go for it'. Yes its early days and he has made us safe (as I said) for which he deserves credit. Just a concern thats all - which I am entitled to have. Thanks.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With the exception of Lua Lua who shows his best form in 30/20 min bursts as a sub the players at his disposal lack the sufficient quality to offer much going forward but also weaken us greatly in terms of keeping a good shape and stopping the opposition from opening us up.

He kept it tight today against a very strong Norwich side, if he had played a more attacking team we would have been beaten easily IMHO

We desperately need an injection of quality this summer or we will be lower half plodders again next season.

I would rather we go beat 3-4 than watch that shite. Also Norwich could of been beaten if some pace was injected into the attack COG is like some kind of joke player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bit of a crap observation given that he's the shrewdest manager we've had substitution-wise in years.

Agreed, but we all knew we carried vdry little goal threat up front anyway didn't we? That apart l thought we played pretty well yesterday, and on another given day we could have drawn, or even won the match.

Were Norwich that much better than us?, apart from the first 20 minutes l didn't really think so, and in terms of clear chances, they too created very little. Their single goal emanated from a mistake by Bennett down their right flank, with the cross being converted by an unmarked Bradley Johnson.

At the end of the day losing narrowly to a a rampant top-four side is hardly a disaster.

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
Cowfold Seagull- IT was not hindsight- I was screaming for CH to change it at 55 mins onwards we were cle

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
arly losing control and needed to give them something to think about offensively ASk those around me they seemed a little pissed off at me ranting . shame CH can't here me from WSU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here