Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carayole - can someone EXPLAIN ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Carayole has minced down here making all the noises about rather fancying making this a permanent move. He's been highly rated enough at Boro to warrant numerous comments along the lines of "why the hell are we loaning this guy out ?". He's got 5 or 6 games tops to make an impression here. We're losing at home. So with 10 minutes to go, our double-substitution comprises of non-scoring-dog-chasing-a-balloon, and "Best" (possibly the most inappropriately named footballer since Mike Small).

What gives ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I totally agree. What did we have to lose by bringing him on?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Quite agree. If he wasn't fit enough for even twenty minutes why was he on the bench? After all, the management searched the toilets at half time, found a bloke looking completely lost, put him in a shirt with "Best" on it and let him play.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Carayole has minced down here making all the noises about rather fancying making this a permanent move. He's been highly rated enough at Boro to warrant numerous comments along the lines of "why the hell are we loaning this guy out ?". He's got 5 or 6 games tops to make an impression here. We're losing at home. So with 10 minutes to go, our double-substitution comprises of non-scoring-dog-chasing-a-balloon, and "Best" (possibly the most inappropriately named footballer since Mike Small).

What gives ?

Houghton doesn't know what he is doing:moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure how many times Hughton needs to see CMS and Best before he gets the message that neither are game changers. I won't be surprised if Mustapha gets as much game time as Ledesma though.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
It's called Hughton doing a Hyppia......

He was asked the same question by Radio Sussex and he said as the game was so tight he felt any changes should be players who had already played together...

(Even though that meant playing CMS is a wing role while a winger sits on the bench). We have a cautious manager and he will not change.
At least I will be close to Lua Lua as he spends next season running up and down the touchline waiting for his 10 min cameo.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sitting in the Upper West, We were having the usual conversation about possible substitutions.KLL,as expected, was already on. General consensus was.... "Bring on the new lad.. What have we got to lose?"

I said "It wouldn't surprise me if they brought CMS and Best on!"

Muck Fe...They did!

The game.was dead then. Sadly I wasn't wrong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

What gives ?
To be honest, he's clearly a TOOL who is in on his own eyes 'TOO GOOD FOR US' and can't be arsed to put a shift in.

Guess he is oh so happy to sign a new deal for the Middlesbrough FFP-busters.

GET RID !!!!@

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hughton had to bring on 2 strikers in the faint hope one of them would have a shot on target in the remaining ten minutes.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Cog should have stayed on as should Kayal ... Stephens and TEX should have gone off with Mustafa and best brought on

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure how many times Hughton needs to see CMS and Best before he gets the message that neither are game changers. I won't be surprised if Mustapha gets as much game time as Ledesma though.
Agree.

BUT.....

Best is USELESS, and on loan so he can sod right off.

If we offer any sort of deal to CMS, then I'll march on the AMEX with BURNING EFFIGY of 'all my hopes and dreams'.

I'll cry forever.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why, Stephens was playing well and Tex is likely to conjure up one piece of magic.

One piece of magic in five games ... he is a luxury, thankfully we are almost safe.... when the two subs came on he was walking off as if he thought it was him being pulled .... Kayal put in a better shift than Stephens

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Why, Stephens was playing well and Tex is likely to conjure up one piece of magic. COG was the obvious to go off as he was getting nothing from Bassong and we had to try another route.

My old Dad who is 81 could have done Stephens job today.
And that would be without the girlie wrist band.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here