Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A striker. Please Tony, for Gods sake, sign us a striker

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Enough said I think.

It's a sad state of affairs when, with 15 odd minutes to go, we bring on 2, yes 2 "strikers", and in my humble opinion, it actually lessened our chances of scoring a goal.

I love Macca to death, but let's be honest, if you need a goal like we did today, he ain't the guy to bring on. And Best is just a waste of space.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bring back Leo.

Best striker at the albion since Zamora.

6, 8, 10 million, doesn't matter.

Time for BARBER to turn a 7 million yearly loss into a 23 million yearly PROFIT.

:rock:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's the force field that worries me.

Since the AMEX opened there's been a barrier between the midfield and striker(s).
I genuinely believe we'd make Suarez look poor.

I'm liking our current midfield, I even think the midfield bench is healthy enough.
But for whatever reason (must be a force field, has to be a force field) in the AMEX era the Albion have been completely unable to link the rest of the team to the forwards.

I blame the force field.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our link from midfield to striker is very poor. As an example to day many times we cleared the ball from the defence to the centre circle and it kept coming straight back at us as we had nobody to hold it or carry it forward.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We had too many midfielders wanting to play the defensive role and a lightweight one who has one good game in five who can't tackle for toffee

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Enough said I think.

It's a sad state of affairs when, with 15 odd minutes to go, we bring on 2, yes 2 "strikers", and in my humble opinion, it actually lessened our chances of scoring a goal.

I love Macca to death, but let's be honest, if you need a goal like we did today, he ain't the guy to bring on. And Best is just a waste of space.

Agreed

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Can't remember us being this hard up for even a half decent regular goalscorer.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
B'muff sign Kenwynne Jones and he scores with virtually his first touch of the match this evening. Enough said.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
What we need and what we get are two different things. To me it feels like whist everything else at the club is ready. The team and the recruitment aren't.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The saddest thing is that this was obvious right from when the season kicked off. Sam Baldock as the marquee signing tells you all you need to know unfortunately :nono:

Still, onwards and upwards. I'm not going to moan anymore now about this season and instead just look forward to a fresh start for next season. We've at least got the right manager in place now, and with the right funds available then things can only get better.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Shocking forward line and quite frankly pathetic that this has been allowed to happen.

O'Grady tries and shows intelligence but is not quick enough and does not posses enough natural talent to be a threat at this level.

Baldock may be adequate if he was able to play centrally in the box alongside a decent leader of the line.

CMS same as Baldock but not now after injury. League 1 at best.

The rest are just not up to this level of football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Something tells me Bloom & Hughton are aware of this... I predict Baldock & O'Grady the only ones still here next season with 2 strikers brought in. One hopefully a big signing and a bit of money spent to get him. -like we did with Leo. And like with Leo, it could end up being a sound investment despite the initial outlay (unfortunately unlike CMS and Baldock)

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Deeney and Ighalo have scored 36 goals between them for Watford this season! We are so far away from that its laughable really.

Great example and I completely agree with you about how far away we are.

Watford break with pace, play their players in the right position and have a decent defence.

We currently have a captain playing and not being dropped because he is captain (he has been woeful this season), then playing a right back with no pace on the wing, essentially playing 4 central midfielders at the time and then sticking COG or 1 other up top on their own. Even Deeney would struggle with how we play.

Too many loanee's that don't give a crap about the club, Agustein who is taking a wage for nothing, liability in defence and failing to push up when ever we get a chance has cost us this season.

This formation makes we wonder though, Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia and Hughton all line up the same way, is it a philosophy coming from top down? Sure they play differently when on the pitch but it seems none of them will ever start with 2 up top, even against team like Blackpool at home.

We need more than a striker, we need a complete overhaul.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We try to play on the counter but without pace, that's a plan that will struggle to reward us without a single player that you call quick. As well as a striker we need a left back, 1 maybe 2 actual wingers and a centre back.

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here