Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away teams wearing their away kit when they don't need to...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Forgive me if I am wrong but blue and white does not clash with yellow and green. So why did Norwich wear their away kit?

I know lots of teams do this including us but it does devalue the vista a little for me. I like to see teams in their traditional kits where possible.

As a small additional point their goalkeeper wore blue shorts and a grey/white kit. The football worlds gone mad.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
For what it's worth I'd rather see Norwich play in their distinctive yellow and green. I know where you're coming from with these unnecessary away kits

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Totally agree.

And surely the dumbest of dumb songs has to be 'Yellows'. Always sounds naff but especially so when there are no yellows on the pitch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Most annoying. Norwich have nice home kits usually. It irritated me to see them in that crappy black & burgundy number today.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There are probably only 2 away games when they have to wear their away strip so if they don't wear it they won't sell many.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fans wouldn't buy the away strip replica shirts which also has a knock on effect as the design wouldn't have to be changed every other season.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Also in some kit deals the manufacturer sometimes state that the away kit has to be worn X amount of times during the season.

As for the Norwich keepers kit today me and my mate said that you could easily see a clash of colours from a distance if there was a bundle in the box. Plus he thought their keeper shouldn't be wearing blue shorts as we were. I explained that you only have to change shirts and socks at the end of the day if they clash.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
It's another example of business before football and we wore red and black stripes at Norwich, when I want us to be in blue and white when possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree 100%. I HATE this away kit nonsense.

100% for me too. Perhaps away strips should only be allowed if the referee rules there is a colour clash. Yeh, I know that'll never happen (as someone has already said, "£££££££") but I'll go on hating unnecessary away strips to my dying day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here