Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-030415-l229-2374475_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:06 3rd April 2015
by Paul Camillin
The one real bit of quality that they showed in the final third got them the goal and it was always going to be tough after that."
Chris Hughton

Chris Hughton felt his Brighton & Hove Albion side did not deserve to lose their Good Friday clash with Norwich City at the Amex.Former Seagull Bradley Johnson's second-half goal proved the difference, as he gave the Canaries a valuable 1-0 win in their promotion quest.
Seagulls boss Hughton told seagulls.co.uk, "They were very good in the first 20 minutes and we found it difficult to get close to them.
"They've got a lot of good footballers and they're a team that are in real good form at the moment, but after that period I thought we were excellent.
"We had the better chances and if we put our chances away towards the end of that first-half period then I think it would have been a different story.
"The one real bit of quality that they showed in the final third got them the goal and it was always going to be tough after that.
"It was that one bit of quality from Nathan Redmond that changed the game. They are a team that most fancied at the start of the season to go straight back up again and if I look at their recruitment in the summer – that first 20 minutes showed that.
"It was a good finish, I think he still had a bit to do. Once Redmond had got free, I looked at our defensive positions and I don't think that we did too much wrong, but I was delighted with the attitude afterwards.
"We probed and made some changes, really went for it – the crowd were excellent. The feeling at the moment is that we certainly didn't deserve to lose."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion have just under 72 hours to recover before the Bank Holiday Monday game at Rotherham United, where they will be without skipper Gordon Greer, after he was booked for the tenth time this season.
"It's a big blow. We lost Lewis Dunk for the same period, but he is back, but the games are going to come thick and fast.
"We've got a couple of days to recover before a tough away game at Rotherham and before today when we looked at it that we had five games in just over a two week period it's tough going, but it's the same for everybody and we will dust ourselves down and go again.
"These are all big games and we have six left now. I said to the players before the game that I don't see Monday’s game any more difficult or easier than today.
"It will be a tough game, it’s away from home and we got a good result in our last game away from home so we need to do the same again."

*[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here