Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best - What Was He THINKING? (If Anything - Which Is Doubtful)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not talking about his wearing of gloves on possibly the only day of the year the temperature scraped into double figures.

Talking about the incident about five minutes from the end, the Albion have got possession, mounting an attack for a much-needed equaliser, out by the Norwich corner about parallel with the eighteen yard line. Bloke's only been on the pitch five minutes. Does he make a run into the penalty area? Make some promising movement off the ball? Nope, he's got his back completely to play, bitching at the linesman for some real or imagined handbags a couple of seconds earlier.

Totaltwat.

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
Pretty sure he was actually booed off at the end. Can't imagine it was for the ref or Norwich. He also seemed to swap shirts with a Norwich player. Unfortunately not during the game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of giving a shit for this club he makes Kemy Agustien look like Calde.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He didn't show the slightest interest in the game, surely some sort of professional pride would take over. It's not he is a bad player he just doesn't seemed arsed.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not talking about his wearing of gloves on possibly the only day of the year the temperature scraped into double figures.

Talking about the incident about five minutes from the end, the Albion have got possession, mounting an attack for a much-needed equaliser, out by the Norwich corner about parallel with the eighteen yard line. Bloke's only been on the pitch five minutes. Does he make a run into the penalty area? Make some promising movement off the ball? Nope, he's got his back completely to play, bitching at the linesman for some real or imagined handbags a couple of seconds earlier.

Totaltwat.

I mentioned this on the match ratings thread. I've never shouted abuse at an Albion player during a match before & can't stand it when people do but this was unbelievable. Never want to see him in the stripes again, we were trying for an equaliser, ffs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said elsewhere he wasn't just 'bitching':-

I could have done without him screaming:-

"you're a f****** t***"

at the linesman, in front of the family stand.

The following couple of minutes was taken up by my repeatedly saying, 'he swore and you don't need to know those words'.

Luckily it was within a few minutes of the final whistle so there was only me and Stat Club Juniors left :lol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He was a waste of numbers on the electric referees board.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Utterly awful, not interested and a complete waste of yet another loan. Worked his socks off arguing with teammates & the officials - so definitely a 10/10 rating for that.

And to swap shirts at the end! Still it won't need a wash I guess.

A total joke and a total oxymoron.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
CMS and BEST on with few minutes left....That must have been Hughton waving the white flag. Resting COG and Kayal for Monday.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Get him away from our club. There is no need for Leon Best to ever wear our sacred shirt ever again.

Had I said that within earshot of the florescent guards in East Lower after the match tonight,my wife would be planning my funeral:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
If you're out of form and you're not scoring that's one thing but at LEAST look bothered and run a bit. We shouldn't spend anymore £££ on him - complete waste.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Complete waste of time. I have no idea why he was even on the bench. Should have been one of our players not someone else's. He is shit and doesn't give a toss. What a waste of money and what's waste of time that could be given to one of our own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here