Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****MATCH RATIINGS vs NORWICH****

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought we played well in places........

Stockdale - 8 - couple of very good saves
Bruno - 6
Bennett - 5 - Bad error for the goal by the left sided midfield player. Hughton also to blame.
Greer - 5 - Distribution poor
Halford - 8 - Hope we sign him
Kayal - 8 - Surprised he was taken off
Ince - 8 - MoM
Stephens - 7 - tired towards the end.
Calderon - 6 - huffed and puffed
Texeirra - 6 - turned up after 35-40 mins...... Wasted our best chance.
O'Grady - 5 - worked hard, but had some presentable opportunities where he should have got a shot off.

KLL - 6 - looked dangerous
CMS N/A
Best N/A

Hughton - As soon as Redmond came on, it was obvious that Bennett would not cope. KLL should have come on at same time, which would have either helped Bennett or made Redmond defend more (which he ended up doing). Still he hasn't got much wrong so far......

Ref - poor for me, although yellow's were correct, Tettey should have had a yellow and the right-back already on a booking, kicked the ball away. Tex may have had a penalty shout, which was very close, having seen it on TV.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale. Some good shot stopping today and rightly angry at the defence in the first half 7
Bennett. Seemed troubled by defensive duties today 5
Halford. Solid and reliable 7
Greer. Liability for the first thirty minutes but pulled himself together 5
Bruno. A lot to satisfy the moaners, a lot to satisfy his defenders 5
Stephens. Impressive - his return has been very important to us. MoM 8
Ince. Took a while to get into the game. 7
Kayal. With Ince and Stephens he will be immense next year. Faded from game 8
Calderon. the season has caught up with him 4
Texieira. Seemed to have lost confidence in shooting today. Bit exasperating. 6
COG. Unable to finish anything but good vision 6

KLL 4
CMS 4
Best 2

A fair result overall. Norwich were a lot better than us. We seemed a bit flat, and today showed up how badly we need a goal scorer. But one game closer to the end of the season - then the urgent rebuilding work can begin.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stockdale - 6
Bruno - 4
Bennett - 3
Greer - 4
Halford - 5
Kayal - 6
Ince - 7 with 1 of them for THAT tackle
Stephens - 6
Calderon - 5
Texieira - 5
O'Grady - 4

KLL - 5
CMS 4
Best 0 - what an embarrassment :nono:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stockdale 6

Bruno 5
Greer 6
Halford 8
Bennett 4

Kayal 5
Stephens 5
Ince 7
Calderon 5
Teixeira 6

O'Grady 6

Subs:

Lua Lua 6
CMS 5
Best 3

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't be arsed to go through the whole team.

Greer - really poor 3
Don't buy a bike off him 7
Ince & Kayal 7

Everyone else can take their pick from the bins marked 4 & 5.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Can't be arsed to go through the whole team.

Greer - really poor 3
Don't buy a bike off him 7
Ince & Kayal 7

Everyone else can take their pick from the bins marked 4 & 5.

Pretty much agree apart from I'd put Stockdale up there with Inca and Kayal, he played rather well today

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale. Some good shot stopping today and rightly angry at the defence in the first half 7
Bennett. Seemed troubled by defensive duties today 5
Halford. Solid and reliable 7
Greer. Liability for the first thirty minutes but pulled himself together 5
Bruno. A lot to satisfy the moaners, a lot to satisfy his defenders 5
Stephens. Impressive - his return has been very important to us. MoM 8
Ince. Took a while to get into the game. 7
Kayal. With Ince and Stephens he will be immense next year. Faded from game 8
Calderon. the season has caught up with him 4
Texieira. Seemed to have lost confidence in shooting today. Bit exasperating. 6
COG. Unable to finish anything but good vision 6

KLL 4
CMS 4
Best 2

A fair result overall. Norwich were a lot better than us. We seemed a bit flat, and today showed up how badly we need a goal scorer. But one game closer to the end of the season - then the urgent rebuilding work can begin.

In keeping with one or two players, I'll take the lazy option and go with these marks. I don't think Norwich were a lot better though first 25 mins yes, we were better from then till half time, second half both teams were pretty poor. White flag went up when Best and CMS came on, should've left at that point.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale - 6

Bruno - 6
Bennett - 6
Greer - 6
Halford - 8

Kayal - 7
Ince - 7
Stephens - 6
Calderon - 5

Texieira - 4
O'Grady - 6

KLL - 7
CMS - 4
Best - 4

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty much agree apart from I'd put Stockdale up there with Inca and Kayal, he played rather well today
Yeah I realised that after I'd posted, but couldn't be arsed to change it!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
David Stockdale 6 He had a sound game, a couple of misplaced kicks but not a poor performance.
Bruno 6 A frustrating afternoon for him, not helped by the formation or tactics really.
Gordon Greer 6 Coped well with the threat from Jerome, defend well but didn't provide much going forward.
Greg Halford 7 Entirely changed my opinion of him, he shows the passion and desire we need. Sign him up.
Joe Bennett 6 Not his best game going forward but he wasn't utilised enough, he's a threat going forward.
Beram Kayal 8 Our best player, a wonderful signing.
Rohan Ince 7 Steady performance, got about the pitch and put in some mature, well timed challenges.
Dale Stephens 7 A very good player and coming back into form, but misplaced in the current formation.
Inigo Calderon Zapata 6 I don't really feel like this formation suits him, but he gives everything and is our player of the season.
Jaoa Teixeira 6 Not his best performance but when he went central to orchestrate, he looked like a quality player.
Chris O'Grady 3 Literally rubbish. His touch, his movement, his understanding of the game. Rubbish. Not good enough.

Subs
Kazenga "One Trick" LuaLua 3 Crap.
Leon Best 1 Disgraceful, terminate the loan and pay him nothing further.
Craig Mackail-Smith 5 Not involved at all, deserved more time if not a start.

Tactics weren't good enough but if we'd scored during our spell on top at the end of the first half, it would have been very different. Going in at half time 0-0, I felt we were always going to lose the game and our lack of width and invention cost us again. The shape of CMS right, Tex centrally, LuaLua on the left and a lone striker is set up to be aggresive and attacking. We don't need all of Stephens, Ince and Kayal in the centre. It's too negative.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 6 Did nothing wrong looked safe and made a save which looked really good but at the height etc a keeper wants to his side 3ft off of the ground but all round competant display.
Bruno 5 He was 1 of 2 out of position for their goal other than that he was acceptable
Greer 5 No major errors just a nothing performance
Halford 8 Very solid gave nothjng away.
Bennett 6 Good in patches sadly beaten for pace for the goal
Ince 8 Some good tackles arguably MOM.
Stephens 6 Good touches is improving game by game
Kayal 7 Put in good shift
Calderon 4 Poor and equally to blame with Bruno for the goal
Tiexeira 6 Not as sharp as normal takes 1 touch too many quite often.
COG 6 Tried hard but was 2nd best to Bassong every time.
subs
Lua Lua 5 Very quiet offered nothing when he came on.
CMS N/a
Best n/a

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 7 Don't think he was really tested, but did his job well
Bruno - 5
Greer - 4
Halford - 6
Bennett - 4.5 Beaten too easily for the goal
Ince - 7.5 Great tackle, good breaking up of play, but got a little lazy in the tackl late on just flicking a leg out
Kayal - 7
Stephens - 6.5
Calderon - 5
Teixeira - 7 Why is he so scared to shoot all of a sudden?
O'Grady - 6

Lualua - 5 Didn't think he was much of a threat. Seemed reluctant to run at them and just blasted balls away from every one in the box
CMS - 4.5 Only contribution was to chest the ball to Norwich players and stand there and watch the ball go across the area, or wait for Teixeira to come from the halfway line to close down Ruddy when he is running the clock down with the ball at his feet
Best - 5.5 Probably the most positive I've seen him be. Don't think he ever threatened, but I felt happier with his contribution than I have in any previous appearance.

Norwich started strong, but as dangerous as their attacks were, I didn't ever fill like they threatened our goal. Then we got into the game and started to dominate, O'grady received the ball to feet in the box and seemed unaware of his position, Teixeira had a couple of good chances but didn't have the confidence to shoot, O'grady side footed a fantastic chance right into the keepers hands. We could have had it wrapped up by half time.

Norwich were stronger for most of the second half, scored a goal from a cross that should never have been allowed to be made, then we never looked like scoring. Too slow to get ready to attack when Stockdale collected, whenever we got the ball in their box our players seemed to go from a "get to the goal" mindset to a "someone please foul me so I can get a penalty" one and Norwich were too disciplined to fall for that.

Really not looking forward to next Friday's game. Hope we get something at Rotherham in the meantime.

Dec 4, 2013
Stockdale 7
Bruno 5
Greer 4
Halford 7
Bennett 5
Kayal 7
Stephens 6
Ince 7
Teixara 7
Calderon 5
O'Grady 3

Best 2
Lua Lua 4
CMS 5

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 6
Bennett 5

Greer 5
Halford 7

Ince 7
Kayal 8
Stephens 7

Tex 6
Calderon 5

Cog 5

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In keeping with one or two players, I'll take the lazy option and go with these marks. I don't think Norwich were a lot better though first 25 mins yes, we were better from then till half time, second half both teams were pretty poor. White flag went up when Best and CMS came on, should've left at that point.

Are you kidding about CMS?

He's the (many) fans favourite .... always smiles, signs autographs, a lovely chap by all accounts, and he tries hard on the pitch with shuttle sprints trying to chase down opposing defenders in possession of the ball. Many fans would love the club to offer the trier another contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here