Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When would we have scored?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If FIFA introduced a new law stating 'the games not over until both teams have scored at least once', when would we be on our way home...

...I'm going for Whitsun.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Everyone would be asleep before both teams scored therefore we would have missed it, making us stay there for longer!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Erm I am pretty sure we would be playing now.
Big difference today they bring on Hooper and Redmond when they wanted and we brought on Best who looks lost and CMS who runs a lot but lacks a goal threat.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've lost the will to live...

After organising 25 kids plus adults on the shelf and elsewhere, people not reading basic instructions, all I needed was a rip roaring game. Pants.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They were the worst defence I have seen this season and we still couldn't score

Odd. I thought they were really well organised and closed us down very quickly, preventing us from shooting even if we had anyone capable of actually putting their laces through it for once

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Odd. I thought they were really well organised and closed us down very quickly, preventing us from shooting even if we had anyone capable of actually putting their laces through it for once

'Closing down quickly' - wonder why our team didn't think of that? :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I reckon the resurrection would have been celebrated before a goal was'

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Presumably Norwich would have had to set off for their next game at some point, so I would like to think with no opposition on the pitch we may have notched one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When the team has had major surgery. No pace up front and no striker of Championship quality. Dunk wasn't on the pitch either so we'd be waiting well into the weekend before we scored.

We have been sold well short this season by the quality of strikers borrowed and signed. Nowhere near up to the standard required.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When the team has had major surgery. No pace up front and no striker of Championship quality. Dunk wasn't on the pitch either so we'd be waiting well into the weekend before we scored.

We have been sold well short this season by the quality of strikers borrowed and signed. Nowhere near up to the standard required.
I was thinking about that during the game and after some nimrod called Radio Sussex.

I don't think we need any surgery.

I'd be happy to keep Bennett and Don't buy a bike off him.
The midfield is vastly improved with the introduction of Kayal, and we have plenty good enough options on the bench.
Kaz needs to step up a little.

We still have Solly, Kemy, Baldock.
It would be nice to include Crofts.

I think O'Grady is better than I originally thought.

My worry is that even with us signing Sterling or Rooney in the summer we'll still not shoot.

It's as if there's something fundamentally wrong with the AMEX, was it cursed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here