Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
joao-l229-2372763_478x359.jpg

Joao Teixeira
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 3rd April 2015
by Sam Garrett
I always try to do my best to help the team by scoring a few more goals and helping out with assists."
Joao Teixeira

Joao Teixeira says he has learned a lot in his first season as a professional footballer and is eager to continue contributing to the team in the remaining seven games of the campaign.
The 22-year-old swapped Merseyside for Brighton last summer in a season-long loan from Liverpool, making 31 appearances and scoring six goals so far in a fruitful spell on the south coast.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s been a great experience – it’s always good to play. I’m really happy and I’ve picked up no injuries which is really important. I always try to do my best to help the team by scoring a few more goals and helping out with assists.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Ten Albion players represented their countries last week on international duty, while Teixeira featured in Steven Gerrard’s testimonial at Anfield last Sunday.
The charity game was a star-studded affair with the line-ups boasting some of the biggest current and past names in European football, as Gerrard’s team pitted their wits against a Jamie Carragher XI.
“It was a great experience for me as a young player and to play with all of these legends together,” Teixeira explained.
“It was fantastic to play with John Terry, Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez, and Fernando Torres.”
The Portuguese midfielder is also looking forward to getting back into action for Albion against high-flying Norwich on Good Friday, and Albion go into the clash off the back of four unbeaten games at the Amex.
“They (Norwich) are a really strong side and it will be a difficult game. Ipswich were in second place when they came here and we beat them – Derby were first and we also beat them.
“We have a good team, we can have a good game and we can get the right result.”
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH**
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH**
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD**
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here