Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paperlinx finished

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I had the pleasure of being made redundant yesterday.Despite the fact that I worked for the biggest paper merchant in the country I had to hear the news from the administrator who shut our site down.Although the news was not a total shock as paper decline has gone down 20% year on year for the last 5 years I cannot believe that the biggest paper merchant in the country & one of the biggest in the world has just folded.

Regardless of the 700 members of staff who have lost their jobs how many printers will also go out of business

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope you get another job soon.

Why didn't they offer you another position in the Slough branch under David Brent? *******s.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I hope you get another job soon.

Why didn't they offer you another position in the Slough branch under David Brent? *******s.

Would have been an improvement.what is ironic is that when I started in 2002 the sales manager was a dead ringer for David brent.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Was reading about this yesterday ; http://www.smh.com.au/business/paperlinx-uk-operations-collapse-20150402-1mdhit.html
Hope all your entitlements are secured but this line looks quite ominous ;

" The company also possibly breached the terms of a loan, which it has not confirmed and is struggling with a large deficit in legacy pension liabilities and the withdrawal of credit insurance."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here