Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redfearn considering Leeds position (and Poyet's dream)

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Leeds United head coach Neil Redfearn said he is considering his position after assistant coach Steve Thompson was suspended.

Thompson joined Leeds from neighbours Huddersfield in December and, alongside Redfearn, has overseen the club losing just three league games this year.

"I've got to have a good think," Redfearn told BBC Radio Leeds.

"It seems like a strange decision and I would have liked to have known about it."

The Elland Road club released a statement(external) on Thursday to say Thompson had been suspended and they would be making no further comment.

Redfearn added: "It is undermining because we are trying to put something together under the guise that you are getting the backing you need. It's disappointing.

"Steve understands the game and the division and the players have taken to him. The results have been there for everyone to see.

"I love this club and I've loved working with the players. Me and Steve have worked together well."

Meltdown :facepalm:

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I love dirty Leeds, just when you think they have got their act together, they bugger it up again. The club that keeps on giving.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thought he liked Leeds?

The life expectancy of staying as a Leeds manager isn't very long. Getting sacked after three months doesn't look very good on a football manager's CV.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The life expectancy of staying as a Leeds manager isn't very long. Getting sacked after three months doesn't look very good on a football manager's CV.

If Redfearn walks surely it's only a 2 month job at best ? they would be duty bound to have another clear out and crisis before the start of next season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The start of the end.
Cannot find a reason to sack the manager so go back door and suspend his assistant....wait to see if he walks (he won't).
Leeds already planning for next season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here