Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be the Winner in Tonight's big political debate ?

Who will come out on top tonight ?

• Nicola Sturgeon - SNP

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Natalie Bennett - Green

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Leanne Wood - Plaid Cymru

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Ed Milliband - Labour

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Nick Clegg - LD

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Nigel Farage - UKIP

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • David Cameron - Conservative

Votes: 28 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Not necessarily who you would vote for

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can't take these posturing events seriously. Whoever comes over strongest shouldn't effect a person's vote. The politics of personality is so nauseous.

I'll watch it, simply for the cheap pantomime.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Heard somebody say on Radio 5 this week it's going to be the worst episode of TAKE ME OUT ever.

I wonder if there will be ad breaks? Are ITV allowed? If so I bet they would be quite expensive ads to run.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Who cares? Its all a big reality TV show

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
While not argeeing with his political views Nigel Farage will come out ahead on the basis that he is the UKIP spokeman for everything and the mist rngaging speaker. Expect another shambles of an interview by Natalie.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Clegg. seriously, he's pretty presentable and people will remember why they liked him 5 years ago. Miliband will turn in a good performance based on expectation, but only if he doesnt get much air time. Farage likewise. they will both run out of their rehersed sound bites and resort to monotonous cliches if given too much time. Cameron cant win, unless the opposition go weak on the night. Sturgeon, Bennett and the welsh one will only appeal to their 2-4% of the population they already appeal to. Clegg wins by default.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone who gives the whole thing a miss and goes down to the Brunswick in Hove to see Glass Sines, Secret Silk Society and Rich Sadler. Bargain for a fiver.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm out tonight so won't be watching. It's a total waste of time anyway.

Could you not have asked who would come out worst as that is easier to forecast, it .will be Milliband.
Ah the usual rubbish. I didn't watch the Paxman interviews, but he got good reviews from many political journalists, despite the usual gimps on here telling us he was a laughing stock. You've already made your mind up - clearly Milliband isn't out to impress people like you.

Personally, I feel that collectively, they're all moderate to good when grilled like this. You can't get to the top of your party without that being the case, because these days, image and soundbites matter.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Let's have a winner!" - Danny Cullip

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Not necessarily who you would vote for

I suspect most people here will find it difficult to take note of your second sentence.

My front runners were Farage and Milliband. Farage is maybe the best speaker of them all but his message will be under such assault that he will definitely end up isolated, and possibly cross and red-faced too. He is still my second favourite tonight, among the voters if not tomorrow's newspapers. Ed is still in a honeymoon glow from last week's success and I believe he will do well in the early part of this campaign, at least until (as some would say) the spotlight falls on the thinness of Labour's message. So he is who I ticked.

Cameron will be alone, with no natural allies. He is too smart to have a disaster but he may well be bland and corporate and people don't want that five weeks away from polling day. They want excitement. He won't offer it and nor will Nick Clegg (who will probably be who I vote for in May).

Interesting times.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Miliband , please. Not Milliband. Even Ladbrokes have it wrong.

I say Farage at 6/4. Two kitchens is second favourite at 3/1 and Dave third at 7/2. I agree with Beort. above that Clegg could bring something out the bag at 12s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here