Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick question concerning plumbing costs to the infinite mind of NSC!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Sorry, am not in the Brighton area or I'd be asking for PM's of quotes...
Basically we are looking at having 3 pairs of washbasin taps replaced.
We have seen the taps we want and plan to purchase these ahead of the job.
My question is what should it cost for a plumber to come out and fit these for us?
Many thanks in advance for any replies, feel free to commence binfest should I have misspelt anything etc...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Depending on how long the old ones have been in and how easy they are to take out, you're looking at around an hours work so £60-£80 plus flexible connecters £15

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Depending on how long the old ones have been in and how easy they are to take out, you're looking at around an hours work so £60-£80 plus flexible connecters £15

An hours work?
What about if the water doesn't turn off? Gate valves jammed , stopcock not working.
Oh I forgot to mention a game of ' empty out the airing cupboard ' to find the gate valves. :(

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
An hours work?
What about if the water doesn't turn off? Gate valves jammed , stopcock not working.
Oh I forgot to mention a game of ' empty out the airing cupboard ' to find the gate valves. :(

What? You can't be suggesting the previous plumber failed to fit ballofix valves just before the tap confections. Shocking.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What about checking for potentially lethal asbestos in the airing cupboard before looking for the valves ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
in that case double it!

An hours work?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
An hours work?

Is this post the equivalent of the used car purchaser walking round the car, kicking the wheels, shaking his head and taking a sharp intake of breath?! :lolol:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Sorry, am not in the Brighton area or I'd be asking for PM's of quotes...
Basically we are looking at having 3 pairs of washbasin taps replaced.
We have seen the taps we want and plan to purchase these ahead of the job.
My question is what should it cost for a plumber to come out and fit these for us?
Many thanks in advance for any replies, feel free to commence binfest should I have misspelt anything etc...

Can you not just change the tap tops ( tap revivers , ie guts of the taps) will save you a lot of time and hassle.

Or are they a completely different style?

Good couple of hours you are looking at, depending if new or old basins, accessibility etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here