Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parents who boast about their sprogs on Facebook

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I find it somewhat irritating. Don't have a problem praising their kids if they are on Facebook themselves. But when their children are not it just across as boasting and pointless. It used to be the case of Christmas cards and the 'letter' which amounted to the same thing. Who really gives a sh*t about little Johnny getting second prize in a spelling test or Sophie getting her Ballet certificate. Great. You made some children. Now your whole life evolves around them. Don't expect anyone else to care though...

Am I the only one who gets bored of this?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Quite how anyone uses Facebook regularly I don't know. My feed is usually a mixture of posts shared from the Cats protection league, pictures of cakes, pictures of people who are on deaths's door and pictures of the weather.

I went to a wedding last summer and people were instagramming the food. What happened to trying to shag the bridesmaid? That's why I prefer Twitter, you can easily unfollow all the crap.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair, if you use FB properly, it can be a useful tool for sharing stuff with certain groups of people.

For example, you can set groups such as 'family', 'close friends', 'football mates' etc. so that the stuff you share can be designated to one particular group. Therefore little billy scoring his first goal on Sunday morning can be shared with grandma and grandad to 'family' without every Tom, Dick and Harry who is in your friends list seeing it.

You can click 'I don't want to see this' next to any post you get you don't want to see.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Also get fed up of the 'Happy Birthday to xxx who is one today, love mummy and daddy'

I read that as , Its my kids birthday, hope you sent a card and present. if not get it here quick

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Quite how anyone uses Facebook regularly I don't know. My feed is usually a mixture of posts shared from the Cats protection league, pictures of cakes, pictures of people who are on deaths's door and pictures of the weather.

I went to a wedding last summer and people were instagramming the food. What happened to trying to shag the bridesmaid? That's why I prefer Twitter, you can easily unfollow all the crap.

Mine too Cat pics mainly, Cat Protection, silly animal videos and the odd Albion rant !!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Do you know you can unfollow someone on Facebook without unfriending them? It does cut out a lot of the 'rubbish' without offending them.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Little Johnny did his first shit in a REAL toilet today !!
It was big and brown and stank !!
Were inviting a few people round at the weekend for a "Johnnies first shit in a proper bog party " ALL WELCOME !!!! X XX:clap:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I didn't but I have long since given up with it. In fairness, I'd have a blank screen if I did that.

You can choose your friends but not your family, eh?

If anyone does want to unfollow, click on your friend's name to go their page, then the box which says Friends, and there is a drop down menu. Select 'unfollow'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I call it Twatbook for a very good reason !

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I just logged onto Facebook to see if I was doing it a disservice. The top of my feed was a picture of a childs FOSSIL COLLECTION.

I logged off again straight away

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The absolute nadir on FB is the people who cryptically post: "Sooooo pissed off right now" (or various derivatives of), to invite a stream of responses along the lines of "You ok hun ?" and "Sending hugs" and "Aww whats up sweetie ?" and "DM me babes xx". Needy attention-seeking TWATTERY of the highest order.

These people should be dragged out into the street and repeatedly bludgeoned around the head and torso with a 3-iron in front of their family.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As annoying as 'Penny got 3rd in the Class History Quiz....here's the certificate' has become, it pales into insignificance where outright marketing of friends' wares is concerned. It puts these Mason like clubs to shame where they scribe 'I just bought my holiday through these, and jolly great they were too'.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The absolute nadir on FB is the people who cryptically post: "Sooooo pissed off right now" (or various derivatives of), to invite a stream of responses along the lines of "You ok hun ?" and "Sending hugs" and "Aww whats up sweetie ?" and "DM me babes xx". Needy attention-seeking twattery of the highest order.

These people should be dragged out into the street and repeatedly bludgeoned around the head and torso with a 3-iron in front of their family.

Why are these people your 'Friends' ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The obligatory child standing holding their 'best work assembly' certificate, such a proud mummy and daddy.

Have they not worked it out that it just happens to be their turn or that they are usually so shit that any level of work that look remotely average will trigger this illustrious award.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think a lot of people feel the need because of a little insecurity.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
The absolute nadir on FB is the people who cryptically post: "Sooooo pissed off right now" (or various derivatives of), to invite a stream of responses along the lines of "You ok hun ?" and "Sending hugs" and "Aww whats up sweetie ?" and "DM me babes xx". Needy attention-seeking TWATTERY of the highest order.

That sort of thing is more appropriate on Twatter.

Why can't Cat Protection just put a couple of posts at a time on Facebook. 15 posts of people losing their cats, particularly if I live nowhere near them is annoying..

And people generally who post several posts at once with stuff that has nothing to do with their lives get instantly 'unfollowed'.....

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It's the ones that proclaim their love for family and friends - have a pic on a night out, 'I love you so much, best mum/sis/blah blah in the world (kisses/hearts/blah blah)'. Why do we all need to know, just let that person know directly!

It's like people i see most mornings on the train, they do a kiss every 30 seconds (not exagerating), with noise effects - just in case there were people that couldn't quite see. Ok, you're in love, whoopy do - are we all meant to be jealous of your exhibitionist happiness?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here