Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-010415-l229-2370919_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 2nd April 2015
by James Hilsum
The prospect of playing a high-flying Norwich side at the Amex when we’re on the back of a good run ourselves is something to look forward to. "
Chris Hughton

At his Norwich pre-match press conference, Chris Hughton gave an update on Solly March’s recovery from injury, spoke about players returning from international duty, the prospect of facing his former club and having competition for places in the squad.

march-190215-l229-2281202.jpg

Solly March’s recovery: “He’s making progress; it’s been frustrating for him because he’s a young player that wants to be playing. He’s making progress, but if I’m looking at any participation this season, then it’s going to be minimal and we’re probably looking ahead to next season. If there’s any way we can get him back before the end of the season, even if it’s only an involvement in one or two games, then we will try our best to do that.”

hughes-l229-2017419.jpg

Albion’s players on international duty: “It’s always a concern – but there are other clubs who have more and the concerns are bigger – but there’s also the good part of it which is that you want as many international players involved as possible. Thankfully for us, everyone has come back unscathed.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Facing Norwich City: “They are very much the in-form team at the moment, have a goal of getting automatic promotion and they have the squad to do it. We have some tough games at home, but these are the type of games that you look forward to. The prospect of playing a high-flying Norwich side at the Amex when we’re on the back of a good run ourselves is something to look forward to. I was there for two years and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. It is a club that I have a big association with but far more important than that, it’s another game that we want to win at the Amex.
“We will have to play well in all departments to get the result that we want to, but the game doesn’t mean any more to me than any other game that we have to play this season. We have seven games left and we want to try and get as many points as we can. We’ve managed to get ourselves in a better position, but the points gap between us and the bottom three can change dramatically in a short period of time. We still need to get points and results and Friday happens to be the first opportunity we have to do that.”
Competition for places: “You want as many players available as possible and these are the tough decisions you have to make as a manager. We are on the back of a very good result at Blackburn and have kept a couple of clean sheets in the last couple of games. I generally don’t like to change things over a period of time, but it’s impossible to do that in this division. But these are the tricky situations which you want as a manager.”
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH***
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH***
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD***
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here