Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton giving young players ........

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Heard this story on the headlines of the news on 5live this morning. Great publicity but they did put it into context with the Jury's Inn incident.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Heard this story on the headlines of the news on 5live this morning. Great publicity but they did put it into context with the Jury's Inn incident.

I would say that putting it into context is a good thing - the Jury's Inn incident may put off a few parents but if they can see that the club are putting things in place to try to prevent that sort of thing again, then all power to the club. Many clubs would try to sweep that sort of thing under the carpet, I suspect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well done indeed.

However- I know I'm being unfair extrapolating on a two minute clip of what the players got from the program, but I sincerely hope that it covered respect to women, and WHY some things are not okay, rather than just 'not getting into trouble' - that's a bit how it came across.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well done indeed.

However- I know I'm being unfair extrapolating on a two minute clip of what the players got from the program, but I sincerely hope that it covered respect to women, and WHY some things are not okay, rather than just 'not getting into trouble' - that's a bit how it came across.

Just heard this reported on the Today programme on Radio 4 - fairly proudly listening to reports of BHAFC "leading the Way".

But share HKFC's view as well. But I would imagine it is more than "not getting in to trouble"

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
While this is good in theory. Still won't stop certain women crying rape or whatever when it comes to trying to extort money from players or trying to get free publicity. Knowing the British judicial system it won't be much help as our laws rarely listen to the mans side of the story

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well done indeed.

Surely it should just cover the law, and not getting into trouble with it. Any issues relating to respect and what is morally okay are subjective.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Part of me is surprised that this needs to be taught to people. Is it really that confusing?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Should be a plus when parents are deciding on which academy would be a good choice, I imagine. It would be for me, anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any issues relating to respect and what is morally okay are subjective.

Maybe you should also go on the training?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm actually more embarrassed than proud about this. Are young footballers really that ****ing thick that they need to be taught these things? Some things about this sport really disgust me.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Certainly won't do any harm.
The whole business about consent is a minefield for today's young men,not just footballers.
Rather glad I am an old git and past all that caper.Life seemed simpler when I was of an age!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Share people's dismay that this is needed at all. But the sad fact is that it is needed. And we should be happy that The Albion are big enough to acknowledge this and actively try to do something about it.

Edit: spelling

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Although BHAFC is the first club to take this approach and should be welcomed, I believe similar has gone on elsewhere. The reason I say this is that my partner has delivered training to academy players at another large club. The training itself was not specifically on sexual consent, but I understand sexual consent was a significant part of the programme. This training was not arranged by the club, but was at the request of the School that teaches all of the academy players at the club in question.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here