Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Is it just me that when I see videos of our beautiful stadium as the ones below, I still have to pinch myself to beleive it is really ours?

I know in the big scheme of things I did very little to contribute, wrote letters, marching a long the seafront and buying CDs etc but nothing like the time some heroes put it. I still feel really proud that we as fans helped even in a small way to getting it built. I still don't think there has been anything in my life that I have dreamed of for so long not only lived up to my imagination but completely blew me away.

I think when I go to the match on Friday I may have to stop on the bridge and take a good look, I never want to take it for granted

http://youtu.be/U-C4javbqh0

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's hope the pitch isn't too spoilt by the egg chasers in the months/years to come.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's certainly a looker, especially when you compare it to some of the less aesthetically pleasing ones out there...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was thinking only last night about this.

The BBC article on sexual education for young players uses an old stock image and it struck me how the West Stand looks 'unfinished' back when it was taken relative to now where, with the middle tier extended, and corners wrapping around, the stand looks so much better now.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 08.17.47.png

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
As an exile fan I only get there a few times a year. I go to the games within about a 100 miles of Liverpool and no ground comes close. I'm bringing a 13 year old Liverpool supporter to the Bournemouth game. It will be his first visit and Brighton are now his second team. I can't wait to see his face when he first sees the Amex. I get emotional every time I walk into the stadium!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Completely agree with the OP. The Amex is just fantastic. I am so glad we did not go for a plain bowl. From the grand exterior, the new buzz on the outer concourse with the bandstand, to the art on the inner concourse walls, the huge window on the WSU concourse and my view of the Downs from my seat I just love it. The novelty has not worn off yet.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Agree with all of the above. Have been YouTube-ing the Doncaster game in 1997 at the Goldstone today, the ground was really run down - but it was home and we all loved the old place. But now I love the Amex in equal measure, and appreciate that we are so lucky.

BTW, for the record, we'll beat Norwich 2-1 tomorrow...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here