Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Travel

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Normally our match day journey is between 3 and 4 hours each way.....back roads to the M42, then M40,M25 M23, A23 and finally the A27.......

What are the odds on Friday? Already warnings to avoid the M25 and M23 airport routes and I'm guessing the A23 into Brighton will be tricky if the weather is half decent as currently forecast. We can't travel tomorrow and overnight because of other commitments so I'm thinking it will need to be an 8am or thereabouts start for a 3pm kick off. I could fly to Spain and be sat on the beach in less time!!!
Anyone else expecting problems and wondering if it's worth it :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Five mins up Lewes road on the bus for me, I'll be thinking of you whilst I'm getting drunk in the bar[emoji106] [emoji482]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... so I'm thinking it will need to be an 8am or thereabouts start for a 3pm kick off. I could fly to Spain and be sat on the beach in less time!!!

unlikley on a Good Friday via Gatwick.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Maybe consider the train this week? I'm leaving Pontypridd at 7.45 am: a nice relaxing 4 hrs with a few beers to pass the time

I did look but there are no trains on the London main line beyond Rugby with further closures at Northampton and Milton Keynes and if we did manage to get down there with a mix of trains & buses the journey back looks nigh on impossible. We will get there by car one way or the other but if any of the political parties want to gain some votes they might do worse than promise to adopt continental approaches to keeping public travel routes open and available......... it wouldn't happen in Germany!!!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I did look but there are no trains on the London main line beyond Rugby with further closures at Northampton and Milton Keynes and if we did manage to get down there with a mix of trains & buses the journey back looks nigh on impossible. We will get there by car one way or the other but if any of the political parties want to gain some votes they might do worse than promise to adopt continental approaches to keeping public travel routes open and available......... it wouldn't happen in Germany!!!

My geography knowledge of Somerset is not great but couldn't you try the Cardiff to fratton line: seems trouble free touch wood.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
My geography knowledge of Somerset is not great but couldn't you try the Cardiff to fratton line: seems trouble free touch wood.

Ha ha....we are up at Bewdley at the moment. I think it might just be the wrong place to be this week but c'est la vie :lolol:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Normally our match day journey is between 3 and 4 hours each way.....back roads to the M42, then M40,M25 M23, A23 and finally the A27.......

What are the odds on Friday? Already warnings to avoid the M25 and M23 airport routes and I'm guessing the A23 into Brighton will be tricky if the weather is half decent as currently forecast. We can't travel tomorrow and overnight because of other commitments so I'm thinking it will need to be an 8am or thereabouts start for a 3pm kick off. I could fly to Spain and be sat on the beach in less time!!!

Crikey you are either sad , mad or incredible....... 8 hours travelling to watch Football. I travel three miles !!!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Hats off to you, whilst the odd away fixture favours your location the home games are a truly splendid effort :clap2::bowdown::clap::bowdown:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Having just driven back from Malvern, my hat is doffed as I am knackered and don't think I could do it for a football game these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will have to follow the game via NSC as the KO is 08:00 hrs local time

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

The weather forecast is duff at best.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
In all my (many) years of driving from Somerset I have only ONCE missed kick-off - the Leeds evening match a couple of years ago. M3 was b*ggered, and I gave up, got home in time to watch the last 5 mins on TV!!
I know the above statement will invoke sod's law, and on Friday there'll be some enormous tail-back on the A27, somewhere near Chichester….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here