Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April Fools

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Since we seem to be on the wrong end of (hopefully) two large April Fools jokes today I was wondering if anyone has any really good ones from the past?

My favourite was from when I was growing up in Horsham, circa late 70's. The West Sussex County Times newspaper ran a story that the toothpaste mines would be opening for a day in the village of Colgate - and tours would be available. The paper reported that a fair few people showed up - around 40 I think!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
When digging the channel tunnel from both side so it met in the middle French measurement were in mm and English were imperial but using a conversion factor to 3 decimal points.

Both at that time had dug approx 10 miles each and the boffins had worked out that we should have been converting to 4 decimal places and as result the tunnels would miss by about 5 feet :)
It was so detailed and well put together i believed it :blush:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What were the 2 jokes?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They had one on ITV local news, that H.M.S. Victory was going to be re-floated, for the bi-centeenary of the Battle of Trafalgar, it even caught out seasoned old sea dogs. The best thing to have been on ITV for many a year.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Good one in NYC this morning about "shelfies". Shoes which hold an iPhone in the toe allowing you to lift your leg up to take a selfie.

Someone will probably put it into production

Lush

Mods' Pet
I liked this one...

CBfauVdU8AAn6-h.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here