Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've heard a rumour about.........

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
....... US signing some bloke from Forest who used to play for QPR.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not Uncle Spielberg, 'us', ....... unless Jamie Mackie is an accomplished mortgage advisor..... in which case he may be going to work with US.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not Uncle Spielberg, 'us', ....... unless Jamie Mackie is an accomplished mortgage advisor..... in which case he may be going to work with US.

Having seen Mackie single handedly demolish our defence while playing on loan for Reading recently, it would be (a) excellent news and (b) highly unlikely, as far as I can tell.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Having seen Mackie single handedly demolish our defence while playing on loan for Reading recently, it would be (a) excellent news and (b) highly unlikely, as far as I can tell.

He certainly looked very lively.
Looks like a goalscoring version of CMS. Works the back four endlessly, looking for scraps. Also agree that it is highly unlikely. Apparently our sights are set on a Div 2 striker but it appears we are in quite a queue. All the scouts have been watching this boy lately and a bidding war could break out in the summer ( around the £1m to £1.5m mark )

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Looks like a goalscoring version of CMS. Works the back four endlessly, looking for scraps. Also agree that it is highly unlikely. Apparently our sights are set on a Div 2 striker but it appears we are in quite a queue. All the scouts have been watching this boy lately and a bidding war could break out in the summer ( around the £1m to £1.5m mark )

sorry, didn't see the final line of your post ?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Jamie Mackie lives around the corner from me, perhaps I could give him a lift to work on home match days?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Jamie Mackie lives around the corner from me, perhaps I could give him a lift to work on home match days?

With that little nugget of information, you now have until the end of the season to use your powers of persuasion to get him to sign. If he doesn't, I'm afraid that NSC may well have have found someone else to blame (other than Stockdale of course). On the bright side, if he does sign, you will be an NSC legend. :smile:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Didn't we "almost sign" Mackie only to find that his agent was using us for leverage on his wages on his move to Forest?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tom Nichols?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tom Nichols?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

Pretty sure that's Joe Garner.

CheshireSeagull

Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
Forest are looking to offload him in the summer apparently with a year left on his contract. Also plays in the role that Baldock plays aswell. Not the prolific scorer we need, but would be a good signing.

Played for Blackpool this season and I believe currently at Huddersfield, just another squad player we need someone with a bit more quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here