Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death sentence for killer of British medical students on Borneo

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A fishmonger has been sentenced to death for murdering two British medical students who had been working in a Malaysian hospital.

Newcastle University students Aidan Brunger, from Kent, and Neil Dalton, from Ambergate in Derbyshire, were killed in an unprovoked attack in Sarawak on the island of Borneo in August last year, three days before they were due to complete their six-week placement at a hospital in Kuching

“Our sons would soon have qualified as doctors. Their unprovoked and senseless murders as they were walking home after a night out with other medical students mean that Aidan and Neil will never have the chance to spend their lives caring for and helping others. "

Do you support the use of the death sentance?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Definitely! Even if I was wrongly convicted and on death row, I would look at the bigger picture, for the common good though obviously it would be a disappointment for me personally.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Definitely! Even if I was wrongly convicted and on death row, I would look at the bigger picture, for the common good though obviously it would be a disappointment for me personally.

It's a no from me and I doubt very much you would really think that in the moments before you're being led to the gallows.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Sorry, it's not a funny thread at all, but this did make me chuckle*.

*which I've assumed was your intent.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What's the argument for the death penalty?

It clearly doesn't work as a deterrent, so what's the point in returning to medieval practices like that.

Absolute rubbish, there is no way on earth you can possibly quantify how many people it HAS deterred, and before you quote death penalty vs non death penalty States murder rates in the US , I'll argue that there are totally different socio economic conditions behind the disparity.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Well, two unprovoked and senseless murders in the UK would get you a lengthy jail sentance though probably not a whole life term (unless he pleaded insanity) whats to say when he got released after his time was spent he ending up killing more people without any reason what so ever?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It will be interesting to hear from the parents on this matter. I don't support the death penalty btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here