Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOT

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Quite happy to recommend Brook Street garage in Cuckfield (Broad Street). A bit of a way out but they do sometimes have courtesy cars available.

Gresham Flyer

Sep 5, 2011
The Sussex MOT Centre. 20 Victoria Way, Burgess Hill.
Great service and only £30 if you print the voucher off his website. Highly recommened.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I take mine to Hi-Q on London Road in Burgess Hill. I believe they take it elsewhere for the test, but I stick it in for a service at the same time so quite happy to let Hi-Q deal with the MOT while they're at it. I use them for most routine stuff- tyres, brakes and so on.

Never had any issues with them whatsoever. Way better than previous experience with KwikFit & I've never had cause to feel they're mugging me off.

Jul 7, 2003
SE Tyres on London Road are a decent bunch

No they are not - right bunch of rip off merchants. I took my car into that branch for a new tyre as I picked up a puncture and they were the only local company who had this tyre in stock. When I picked the car up, they told me my front brakes were shot and needed replacing urgently. I knew this was a load of bollocks as they were not that old and this was confirmed when my car went for a service a few weeks later. Also, the price they quoted for brakes was much higher than even the main dealer charges.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No they are not - right bunch of rip off merchants. I took my car into that branch for a new tyre as I picked up a puncture and they were the only local company who had this tyre in stock. When I picked the car up, they told me my front brakes were shot and needed replacing urgently. I knew this was a load of bollocks as they were not that old and this was confirmed when my car went for a service a few weeks later. Also, the price they quoted for brakes was much higher than even the main dealer charges.

Good to know - only used them for tyres and they have always been ok

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
SE Tyres on London Road are a decent bunch and always seem to have MOT deals on.

One of those things but know of two people that have had issues there. One had a BMW and was suspicious of all the work they were suggesting so took it to an actual BMW dealer and they basically said the work was virtually all unjustified. Also know of someone who had work done on an engine and catalytic converter and they never got it right. Eventually turned out that they had fitted the part they were supposed to have fitted and charged for. Think they sorted it eventually but makes you wary.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I take mine to Hi-Q on London Road in Burgess Hill. I believe they take it elsewhere for the test, but I stick it in for a service at the same time so quite happy to let Hi-Q deal with the MOT while they're at it. I use them for most routine stuff- tyres, brakes and so on.

Never had any issues with them whatsoever. Way better than previous experience with KwikFit & I've never had cause to feel they're mugging me off.

Same here. Wife's car gets done at Brook St but mine at HiQ.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of those things but know of two people that have had issues there. One had a BMW and was suspicious of all the work they were suggesting so took it to an actual BMW dealer and they basically said the work was virtually all unjustified. Also know of someone who had work done on an engine and catalytic converter and they never got it right. Eventually turned out that they had fitted the part they were supposed to have fitted and charged for. Think they sorted it eventually but makes you wary.

Even worse for people like me who are clueless about cars. The Mrs got her MOT and service done at Ellis Motors (sheddingdean) and they were great, and inexpensive.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
The Sussex MOT Centre. 20 Victoria Way, Burgess Hill.
Great service and only £30 if you print the voucher off his website. Highly recommened.

Thanks for the recommendation will give them a go and it's within walking distance of work so that's a bonus :)

D

Deleted member 22389

On the subject of tyres I just had my MOT and needed two new tyres. I paid £89.00 for both tyres which I consider as good value.

Last year I got a puncture and out of desperation I went to nearest place in town I could find. I got charged £60.00 for a second hand tyre. It was in very good condition, I would have bought it otherwise, the only other choice was a brand new tyre at £90.00 which I couldn't afford at the time.

Put it this way, after seeing what I just paid for two new tyres on my MOT against what they charged me I feel ripped off now, so I will definitely not be going there again.
In the old days my dad used to do his own repairs, change brake pads, bleed, oil and other small bits, trouble is these days you can't get to half of the stuff. It's cheaper for me to get an oil change done at the local garage then do it myself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here