Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Politicians' Irritating Thumb Gesture Type Thing...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
bl_cam01.jpg

If there's one thing that tells me a politician isn't telling the truth (other than them opening their mouth) it's this insufferable hand gesture. It's like they haven't got the balls to actually point their finger. Besides, who actually makes this gesture in real life? Anyone?

Keep an eye out for it during the election campaign. Alternatively, don't...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
View attachment 64243

If there's one thing that tells me a politician isn't telling the truth (other than them opening their mouth) it's this insufferable hand gesture. It's like they haven't got the balls to actually point their finger. Besides, who actually makes this gesture in real life? Anyone?

Keep an eye out for it during the election campaign. Alternatively, don't...

They've probably been advised/coached NOT to point their finger.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They've probably been advised/coached NOT to point their finger.

It used to be that pointing is strong but pointing at someone is aggressive so they were all taught to point down when they talked. I'm guessing this is just the latest development.

There will be more intensive choreography in Westminster in the next few weeks than Bruce Forsyth has seen in the last 80 years :tosser:

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
It used to be that pointing is strong but pointing at someone is aggressive so they were all taught to point down when they talked. I'm guessing this is just the latest development.

There will be more intensive choreography in Westminster in the next few weeks than Bruce Forsyth has seen in the last 80 years :tosser:

All of which makes them even less natural (if that were possible) and even more unappealing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here