Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough (A) Tickets

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Have we REALLY sold out our allocation, as stated on the ticket website? I know it was only 900 but that's one hell of a trek for a 12:15 KO.

I have my tickets but I know a few others that wanted to go that haven't got theirs yet. I suspect 'boro would be reluctant to release another block if it could be their promotion party.

I assumed it would be POTG.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ouch.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
That's annoying, because I really wanted to make this my first away game that I go to see. Bloody typical that it's sold out already.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Here's the Football League rules regarding away tickets:

34.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Executive may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. Each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club’s central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

The Riverside stadium capacity is 34742 (according to Wikipedia). Therefore 10% = 3474, so they must provide at least 2000 tickets. I'll bet BHAFC only ordered 900 thinking that it's a long way to go for what is essentially a nothing game for the Albion supporters. Methinks they'll have more on sale soon due to unexpected demand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here's the Football League rules regarding away tickets:

34.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Executive may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. Each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club’s central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

The Riverside stadium capacity is 34742 (according to Wikipedia). Therefore 10% = 3474, so they must provide at least 2000 tickets. I'll bet BHAFC only ordered 900 thinking that it's a long way to go for what is essentially a nothing game for the Albion supporters. Methinks they'll have more on sale soon due to unexpected demand.

It can be a little bit more complicated than that.

Boro can say "you can have the 1100 extra but you have to pay for them all - we'll not take any back if you don't sell them." If so the Albion probably wouldn't take them.

I can't believe 900 have gone already, regardless.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes they take tickets off sale for no apparent reason, which then mysteriously appear again a while later. Perhaps this is it? Whilst our away support is by no means poor, I'd be very surprised if we'd already shifted 900 seats for an away game that far away, with a 1230 kick off.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
according to the football ground guide Away supporters have now been moved to one side of the East Stand (towards the South East corner) at one side of the stadium Up to 3,500 fans can be accommodated in this area

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I just bought mine before reading this thread. No problems.

Whilst it is obviously a joke scheduling a trip from the south coast for a Teeside at 12.15 - if you have to go to this town, going in May when tempartures might get above freezing and the sun might be out is some compensation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here