Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] INSIDE SEAGULL: LUALUA PLEASED WITH HEALTHIER POSTION

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Kazenga LuaLua is determined to end the season on a high and is delighted that Albion are currently in a much healthier position in the league table.
He told Seagull, the club’s official matchday programme, “We have built up a nice gap with the teams in the bottom three, so we need to look up now rather than down. It’s all about finishing strongly and going again next season.
“We are also looking good as a team, with the strength of the squad and the management we have here. It’s been a very tough season for us, not what we expected after reaching the play-offs, but we’ve kicked on again since the gaffer came in and the aim now is to get as high up the table as possible."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Congolese winger has had to bide his time in a bid to break into Chris Hughton’s starting eleven following more than two months out with a knee injury.
“I went to cross the ball while I was on the floor and the defender came across and landed on my knee,” he recalls of the injury.
“His weight twisted it a bit and I knew straight away something was wrong. I tried to run it off, but it was no good, I had to come off. I knew I’d picked up some sort of ligament damage.
“My recovery was all about taking my time and not rushing things and ending back at square one. But since I’ve been fit and ready to play it has been tough for me because the team has picked up and there have been people ahead of me in the pecking order who have played well.
“When you’re not playing you get frustrated but all I can do is keep training hard and take my chance when the opportunities to play do come my way. You could tell with the way I celebrated after my goal against Derby [with a trademark back-flip] what it meant to me.”
The 24-year-old is following in the footsteps of his older brother and former Portsmouth striker Lomana with the celebration, despite the injury risks once he goes into full acrobat mode.
“The medical team don’t like it, but it’s just something I do, it just comes naturally! It’s in the family blood and it’s always going to happen.” *
The full interview with Kazenga can be found in the Wolverhampton Wanderers issue of Seagull, still available in the Amex Superstore, priced £3.50, or available to purchase online at seagullsdirect.co.uk.
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here