Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final Australia vs New Zealand at the MCG 29.03.15

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Thought I might as well start a thread about this, I get the distinct impression from the Pup thread that there a few closet Kiwis on NSC!

Sadly I can't see past the Convicts in this one.

I wish the ECB had bought front row tickets for our own shower of shite so they could see how the game is played in the 21st Century..... :facepalm:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Come on the Black Caps.

They are the underdogs but if they don't have too many nerves I think they will do it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think the game will be decided by the bowling & I think that the Aussies have a far better bowling attack

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A great comment by Martin Crowe. A brave man. All kiwis are up for this and that should be enough to see them home.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I am quite nervous, we're definitely underdogs but its a one off game and we're in the form of our lives. Going to be a tense evening.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I remember seeing him bat at Hove. One of those frustrating text book batsman who you could never envisage giving their wicket away.

Very sad to read this.

I want New Zealand to win anyway. Although I hope it's not two World Cup's in the same year.

When you saw him bat at Hove, was it a B&H match where he scored a faultless century and won MOTM. I think I saw that one if so. Clearly a very fine man.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If NZ win the toss, they'll have a hell of a chance. If Aus win it, game over.

Chasing in Melbourne is difficult.

Anyway come on NZ!!!!

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I am quite nervous, we're definitely underdogs but its a one off game and we're in the form of our lives. Going to be a tense evening.

Good luck fella, hope you do the crims! As pottert says, they've probably got the better bowling attack which makes them favourites as, batting-wise, there's nothing in it. If Mccullam + co can get after Starc and Johnson, that might affect their psyche. Alarm set, can't wait!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Bit of a Spikey Bunch the Aussies, Mitchell Johnson in particular. So letting my heart rule my head I've invested a lump on the Kiwis at 2/1, which I feel is an attractive price.....(this time tomorrow I'll probably be thinking that 100/1 was a bad price). :rolleyes:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bit of a Spikey Bunch the Aussies, Mitchell Johnson in particular. So letting my heart rule my head I've invested a lump on the Kiwis at 2/1, which I feel is an attractive price.....(this time tomorrow I'll probably be thinking that 100/1 was a bad price). :rolleyes:

Heart says Kiwis, Head has to favour the Convicts. Winning the toss and batting first at the MCG is a huge factor so lets hope Clarke is a Useless Tosser

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm up and waiting for the start. NZ won the toss and gone straight into bat. That's made it interesting.

Me and my mate bet each other a fiver each at the start of the tournament, picking 4 teams each. I picked Aus, India, SA and West Indies, he picked NZ, Pakistan, England and Bangladesh. At the SF stage I was laughing my socks off, but tonight I'm very tense about it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
NZ struggling. 150-5 off 36. Lost McCollum early, Aus bowled very well, NZ battled back to 150-3, then lost 2 wickets in the first 3 balls of the batting powerplay. Elliot still there on 72.

Edit. 151-6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here