Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] INSIDE SEAGULL: CALDE ENJOYING A NEW LEASE OF LIFE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Inigo Calderon has played the majority of his 206 games for Brighton & Hove Albion at right-back but he is enjoying his new lease of life as a midfielder under Chris Hughton.
Calde has always been a dependable full-back for the club and has now added goals to his game in a more advanced role, with a brace on his 200th appearance against Birmingham last month, prior to scoring against Leeds.
He told Seagull, the club’s official matchday programme, “I am enjoying playing and of course it’s nice when you score goals too, but I don’t mind where I play really, as long as I am making a positive contribution to the team.
“If we can keep winning it will give us more breathing space in the table. We know that you only need a couple of bad results in this league and you can find yourself back in trouble, so we need to keep looking forward, stay positive and try to catch those teams that are ahead of us.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

A few more Calde goals before the end of the season would certainly help the cause. He now has 19 goals for the club – a tally that he is content with.
“Yes, I’m happy with that; it’s not a bad number for a defender but like a lot of players, I did score goals when I was younger, playing in a more attacking role. I was always a winger and scored goals when I was young, so the instincts are still there!
“But it doesn’t really matter who is scoring goals now, as long as we are creating chances and finding the back of the net. That has been a positive this season; the goals have come from different areas of the pitch."
Calde also feels that points are being won off the pitch as well with the tremendous backing of the Amex crowd.
“The crowd have been fantastic; they really get behind us and, as players, that means a lot – and it helps us.
“We have been saying that we need to make the Amex Stadium a difficult place for the opposition to come, so we need to keep going in the same way, on and off the pitch, for the rest of the season here and hopefully it will result in a really positive outcome.”
The full interview with Calde can be found in the Derby County issue of Seagull, still available in the Amex Superstore, priced £3.50, or available to purchase online at seagullsdirect.co.uk.
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here