Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T iTunes and multiple accounts

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Morning all!

Is it possible to have 2 accounts in iTunes? I have it on my laptop for my phone and iPod but my missus received an email from someone somewhere (or maybe auto generated) from Apple telling her that her phone is full and so is her iCloud storage. She needs to do a back up and clear some space or she will start being charged for extra iCloud storage:(

Can I set up another account using iTunes so we have multiple accounts on my lappy?

or can we just plug her phone into it and do a back up for another device without it being confused with my iPhone and mixing up all our data and photos etc? We'd like to keep it all separate if we can.

She also has 100's of photos of our daughter from birth on it that have never been backed up locally on a machine so I need to tread careful as I don't want to lose any photos.

Any advice much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have two accounts, and since I had to set up my dad's iPad i nave also used his account on my laptop, so yeah, I'm sure it is fine to have more than one account, but as thpp says, back up your photos anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
iTunes records devices, not accounts so you can back up as many devices as you like to the one machine.

Apple won't force you to upgrade your iCloud account to a paid plan with storage, but your phone will keep warning you if there's not enough space to back up your stuff to iCloud.

You should both have your own Apple accounts for iCloud purposes, that you use on each of your phones. You can still share a common account for iTunes/App Store purchases.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Thank you people.

We're all done now. So if the missus has filled up her phone with photos and videos, now they're backed up she can delete them and start again but won't be able to back up to iCloud as that's already full. Correct? So from now in it will have to be a back up to the computer to save any future photos?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank you people.

We're all done now. So if the missus has filled up her phone with photos and videos, now they're backed up she can delete them and start again but won't be able to back up to iCloud as that's already full. Correct? So from now in it will have to be a back up to the computer to save any future photos?

It's almost certainly those photos that are filling her iCloud backup.

If she deletes them from the phone, the size of the backup will shrink in line with that and iCloud backups will resume without problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here