Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to the West Lower

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I was in W1C for the first 2 seasons which is in the same relative position as W1G

Great view but we were in row G and not so good when it rained. Need to be row J or back I reckon. Now in the very back row of B and it's perfect

Atmo is what it is, good bunch around us helps

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Been in west lower since we moved to Falmer and we really enjoy the view from there. We're row x so no problem getting wet and we don't ever get the sun in our eyes, which looks to the case from the East.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
West stand lower?!!
First season Amex, I stood up a split second before Vicente carved a magical space and shot against the then playoff rivals Reading.....the woman next to me and some fat Jabba about 10 seats away grizzled like you would not believe... I retorted but the whole f#cking area sat in silence as the fat **** had his very loud say.....w&nkers, all of them

I left early and stayed away from the last couple of matches in disgust. Better those twats read about the game in the Argus.
East upper since - no problems.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
West stand lower?!!
First season Amex, I stood up a split second before Vicente carved a magical space and shot against the then playoff rivals Reading.....the woman next to me and some fat Jabba about 10 seats away grizzled like you would not believe... I retorted but the whole f#cking area sat in silence as the fat **** had his very loud say.....w&nkers, all of them

I left early and stayed away from the last couple of matches in disgust. Better those twats read about the game in the Argus.
East upper since - no problems.

I'm in NW corner bordering W lower back row, I stand up for most of the game which is a bonus I will cry if I ever have to give up my seat. W lower is a funny one as many of the folk are match by match bods on the sides and the view is not very good IMO.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We moved to West Lower from WSU after the first season, spent 18 months there, requested a move back mid season as we were surrounded by corpses.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Used to sit in W1G (row A) a couple of years ago

Decided to move after getting moaned at for standing up during a penalty, got moaned at for making too much noise

I did often wonder why some of these people were at the football

I did like being able to shout things to Nathan Jones & him hearing me though

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have been in west lower since day 1 it was full of idiots who didnt realise that you bought a SEAT not a standing space so that everybody can see the game. It is much better now and a very good view although my son prefers the view from West Upper.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
We've sat in W1G Lower West from the start. My mate choose the seats, after much deliberation and whilst we have tried other locations on occasion, I reckon his choice was spot on.

Agreed with the points already made .
1. You need to be above row 'J' if you don't like getting wet.
2. It has become a lot quiter. There was a lot of singing, but not so this this year and this does affect the atmosphere. Some might say that there's not been a lot to sing about this year, but when a match has been a good one, the mood changes and the noise level goes up.

So with a few more 'results' we look likely to end up mid-table and I'm hopeful 2015/6 will see a return to winning ways and more great times in W1G. ��

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If you sit in rows a-e close to the half way line in WSL then be prepared for congested technical areas which lead to poor viewing at critical times. Top dollar seats but viewing is a concern with congested technical areas.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
moving to WSU from behind the away dugout......have been there since day one, even got Gus's gloves when he threw a wobbly and stormed off down the tunnel after the 2nd sending off v Burnley. As has been said before, prepare to get wet and be told not to shout. Am now moving to WSU , as I am now of a certain and don't get a concession in WSL.......

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Have season tickets in WSU and wouldn't change them. Tried WSL in cup games and friendlies and where we sat found that when people got up early for their pies and drinks before half time we missed 5 minutes of the game because you can't see thru them. Obviously not all the seats are like this, but be careful where you sit. If you want a great view of the game though and enjoy watching players runs and the game unfold in general then the WSU is the place to be.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My seat has been in W1G, (Row R), for the last two seasons, and l really love it, close to the half way line, and in my opinion the perfect view.

However, if you are like some posters on this thread, and like to stand up, and/or periodically shout abuse, it is probably not the place to be, stick to the North Stand.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Have been in W1F from the start, fantastic view, row O. Watched games from all areas of the ground and personally think the best is WSL! Atmosphere is what you would expect but those around our seats chuck out the odd tune! Certainly not the North stand but then I am happy watching from a seat! You won't be disappointed! But then there isn't a poor view anywhere in the ground! Is there?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here