Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going Up at Last! (The Hotel)

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Just visiting yesterday, hadn't realised they'd already started on-site. Not quite Jack Straw material, but something new to gawp at.

Anyone know when it's due for completion?

NB Tried to attach a site picture but the uploader doesn't seem to be working. Any tips?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Confused by how having spent most of the season in a battle with the land owner it is suddenly resolved but improvement have to be made.
Why now.We have survived all season without it.Come on its a car park.What does it need a way in a way out a few white lines & your good to go.maybe a few idiots in yellow jackets

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Confused by how having spent most of the season in a battle with the land owner it is suddenly resolved but improvement have to be made.
Why now.We have survived all season without it.Come on its a car park.What does it need a way in a way out a few white lines & your good to go.maybe a few idiots in yellow jackets

The way the car park was operating when it was last in use caused punch ups, they are improving the layout so people can't cut in and out of spaces.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The way the car park was operating when it was last in use caused punch ups, they are improving the layout so people can't cut in and out of spaces.

This season we are about 2000 down on our average gate from last season.i doubt very much that any of them stopped coming because of the layout of Bennetts field.
I'm no expert but I would be suprised if the improvements to the car park will cost less than £50000.im sure I heard somewhere that installing lights was one of the improvements that was being made.
After the season we have had so far I would imagine we have probably lost another 1000 or so season ticket holders (not me I might add).so why bother but maybe the bigger reason for the Bennetts field issue being resolved & the builders moving in straight away is more about the 2 games of rugby that will be played at the community stadium in September .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just visiting yesterday, hadn't realised they'd already started on-site. Not quite Jack Straw material, but something new to gawp at.

Anyone know when it's due for completion?

NB Tried to attach a site picture but the uploader doesn't seem to be working. Any tips?

I thought they were aiming to have it built in time for the rugby world cup in September, so to start now is probably about right if they are quick.

The way I upload an image is to click on the insert image option, then select Basic Uploader bottom right.

basic.jpg

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I thought they were aiming to have it built in time for the rugby world cup in September, so to start now is probably about right if they are quick.

The way I upload an image is to click on the insert image option, then select Basic Uploader bottom right.

View attachment 64221
Thanks. Been trying that but that little 'Insert Image' window is just dead - nothing is clickable. Only way to escape is to refresh the page. What's going wrong?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

View attachment 64221

5.5 months to build a hotel?! No chance!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's definitely the car park. They haven't even applied for planning permission for the hotel yet and that takes several months, and that's without the added complication of two councils getting involved.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
http://planningpa.lewes.gov.uk/onli...CaseNumber=LJLKOOJD00100&keyVal=NIFA7EJD00G00

Not sure what sort of application that is for (something to do with boundary?). Probably someone would know.

But do agree it's the car park that's being worked on.

It's a application to determine whether the development of a hotel will have significant effects on the environment (and therefore whether more detailed studies are required to be submitted with the eventual planning application).

In this case Lewes have decided the hotel won't have significant effects on the environment.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's a application to determine whether the development of a hotel will have significant effects on the environment (and therefore whether more detailed studies are required to be submitted with the eventual planning application).

In this case Lewes have decided the hotel won't have significant effects on the environment.

Bat collisions!!?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Cheers

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
5.5 months to build a hotel?! No chance!!

I agree that 5.5 months would be pushing it a bit but it is possible to build a 15 story hotel in 6 days, so I would not be surprised if one could be built by September with the construction methods they use today.

They may well have already started the construction off site, to then flatpack to the destination.

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks. Been trying that but that little 'Insert Image' window is just dead - nothing is clickable. Only way to escape is to refresh the page. What's going wrong?

Which browser are you using? I had problems with adding Smileys and links the other day in IE but they were fine in Chrome

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Which browser are you using? I had problems with adding Smileys and links the other day in IE but they were fine in Chrome
IE11 - attachments used to work, but not now. As I said, the popup is completely dead, whether for attachments or links, and I can't get out of it - the back button is the only escape. I'd like to post my site picture. Any ideas what to do?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here